Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6
ste2223

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:39 pm Reply with quote

I set up my php nuke site locally and all was working fine. As soon as I uploaded it to a webserver the forum admin section stooped working. When I click on forums from within the administration menu I get sent to a blank page. I have searched and tried numerous fixes but none of which worked. I dont understand why it works locally but not on the server. Everything else works fine. Could someone please help me?

Thanks.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:15 pm Reply with quote

I have had numerous problems with FTP clients over the years and helped others too with countless issues. This could simply be that not all your files were FTP'd. I would try to at least re-FTP all the modules/Forums files and see if that helps. Sometimes an FTP process will get "broken" and we don't notice that there was ONE problem script that didn't get uploaded or was corrupted.

In addition, this can also be a problem with the database import, but I have had less problems with that with the exception of large sites.

Let us know how this goes.

ste2223

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:50 pm Reply with quote

I tried uploading all the forum files again but I still have the same problem. I have also noticed that if I log in as a forum admin and go to the forums there is a link at the bottom to go to the forum admin screen. Sometimes this link takes me to a blank page and other times it will tell me I dont have permission to view the page or something like that. Is there anything else I can try? Thanks.

The actuall message is:
You are not authorised to administer this board

montego

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:17 pm Reply with quote

Are you sure the directory structure is exactly the same as on your local system, relative to your nuke root directory? Also, not sure if it matters or not, but under Administration --> Preferences, have you modified the necessary data fields to be appropriate for the different domain and paths?

ste2223

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:51 am Reply with quote

The directory structure is the same and I have entered all the data into the fields under the admin preferences. Any other idea as to what this problem could be?

Origanally I did have php-nuke 7.8 installed this did the same thing. The forum admin worked on my computer but as soon as I uploaded it to the server it stopped working. Thats why I tried 7.6 thinking it was a bug/error with 7.8.

montego

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:18 pm Reply with quote

I think one of the more experienced nukers here is going to have to help with this one. I always have a local version running on my PC/laptop and I always upload the directory structure as is. I even make my nuke db user and password and db name exactly the same so that I don't even have to change config.php. Since the rest of your site is working fine in the admin area, I don't think it is the domain check upfront in admin.php (this could have been another key code change prior to you transferring it - you must have already changed that).

Could this be a cookie/session issue with PHPBB? Try deleting all your cookies and try logging in again and going to Forums.

ste2223

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:04 pm Reply with quote

The first thing I did was try deleting the cookies and temp files but this had no effect. I did the same thing with setting up all the stuff locally and making sure I used the same name so nothing would have to be altered upon upload.

Quote:
I don't think it is the domain check upfront in admin.php (this could have been another key code change prior to you transferring it - you must have already changed that).

I dont know what you mean by this.

montego

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:29 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
I don't think it is the domain check upfront in admin.php (this could have been another key code change prior to you transferring it - you must have already changed that).

I dont know what you mean by this.

In admin.php you may have the following code:

Code:

//Uncomment the following lines after setting the site url in the Administration
//global $domain;
//if (!stripos_clone($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'], $domain)) {
//  die("Access denied");
//}

Usually, once you have set the admin preferences appropriately, you would uncomment the code and its another security feature. However, since you can already get to your other admin screens, this is not where the issue lies. That is all I meant.

ste2223

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:55 pm Reply with quote

Ah I didn't know about that.

So any other ideas on what my problem could be? Or am I just waiting for a more experienced nuker.

Could it have something to do with my webhost?
Or anything to do with the google ads it puts at the top and bottom of the pages? Although this doesn't effect any other page.

montego

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:43 pm Reply with quote

I think this is going to take someone more experienced with setting up nuke sites across multiple hosts. Most of my nuke experience has been hosted with the best host for nuke ever: RavenWebHosting! Laughing

You can't beat your host also having a wealth of nuke experience...

ste2223

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:08 pm Reply with quote

Well thanks for all your help.

Can someone with more experience with setting up nuke sites across multiple hosts help me please?

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:27 am Reply with quote

There are several area's where the web path or url need to be configured.
You have obviously set the correct path in the main nuke admin area otherwise most of the site would be down.
Have you checked the forum admin-> Configuration settings?

Arggh, you cannot access that bit can you!
Use phpmyadmin to check the paths set in the table nuke_bbconfig

ste2223

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:01 pm Reply with quote

I went to the table and it was all filled in with the correct details. I am still getting the blank forum admin page. Any other ideas?

ste2223

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:27 am Reply with quote

Can anyone help?

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:43 pm Reply with quote

Tried going to modules/Forums/config.php and deleting the lines to load mainfile.php ?

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
Adrenalizer3
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:30 am Reply with quote

I for the life of me can not get my ACP link to the Forums to not show a blank page. Blank, Blank, Blank! I have searched everywhere and can not find a fix for this that works for me. I have deleted all my modules/Forums and re-installed trying different things and still nothing. I have deleted my admin/links also and re-installed them. I have cleared cookies/temp files so many times it aint funny. I reinstalled the core 7.5 files and then the patched files and still Blank.

Can someone help me pin point this problem by giving me specifics on what to look for and do. I am out of idea's.

All other ACP links work properly.

Using 7.5 with 3.1 patched.

If this is a pain, how would I go about deleting the complete modules/Forums and db and install a fresh copy so my ACP link to forums will work again.

Please help. I am unable to config my Forums. Much appreciated.

Thank you-

AD

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:31 am Reply with quote

Please PM me your
Site url, NS id/pass, nuke admin id/pass
FTP url, id/pass
MySQL/Control Panel url, id/pass

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6

View next topic
View previous topic