Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
txhellkat138

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:01 pm Reply with quote

Hey Raven,

I'm currently building a phpnuke site for a friends band. WOuld like to put some of their mp3's in the downloads section, and the music is all in the web directory. I'm hosting the site on my personal box. Running phpnuke 7.8. I tried to add the download and put the path to where inthe web directory they are but its a broken link and brings up a 404 error page. my site is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] I'm also having another issue which i havent been able to find an answer to anywhere. I am trying to embed a .swf video of them playing a show on the main page of the site. but when I go to /admin/messages and put in the html code, and then submit it. All that shows in the box on the main page is the html code I entered.

So I guess my questions are. where on my server do i need to put the music so i can link it for download from the downloads section, and how would i add it. and why wont the front page allow me to use html? When i built a site using 6.5 fro another friend i could embed mp3's on the front page just fine but now it doesnt seem to even accept that.

Edit: I was noticing in your download's section, that when you go to add a download, it has an upload file option. Mine doesnt have that. How would one acquire such a thing?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:25 pm Reply with quote

Well raven is having a party... Smile
But step by step:
The music files should be in a secret directory on your server like : [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Then in your downloads where you must put in the download link you must use the full url so like the above : [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Again,create a name that isnt to obvious.
Also put an empty html file in mymusic so it closes the directory for viewing.
Recommended is to zip the mp3 files,unless you want them to play.. Smile

As for the embed problem,it might be rejected but uncertain why.. Sad
You can also put that code into a block and activate it.
In that way nuke has to use it.
Btw...dont put any pure html code in your admin/messages area whitch you mentioned....

More info on how use the embed tag lok here: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

txhellkat138

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:36 pm Reply with quote

thanks for the reply. After reading a bunch of these forums I found my html code problem was due to the version of nuke i was running so I downgraded frm 7.8 to ravens newly posted as of today version of 7.6 and its running flawlessly. as for the music I did as you said and shazam it works as well. thanks a ton.

hitwalker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:16 am Reply with quote

Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic