Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.8
Gabe
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:51 pm Reply with quote

http://www.thewarclan.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=posting&mode=newtopic&f=9

see those posting opitons, like adding in links and stuff, what is that?

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:05 pm Reply with quote

You mean the button (in grey?)
Thats called bbcode box [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Gabe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:03 pm Reply with quote

hitwalker wrote:
Thats called bbcode box [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

thanks

Gabe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:56 pm Reply with quote

hitwalker wrote:

darn, doesent work on nuke 7.8

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:58 pm Reply with quote

Well im safely on the 7.6 so i dont know..
but send a pm to Curtish,perhaps he can help out.

Gabe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:14 pm Reply with quote

hitwalker wrote:
Well im safely on the 7.6 so i dont know..
but send a pm to Curtish,perhaps he can help out.

ok I pmed him, well see what he says, thanks for letting me know

CurtisH
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:58 pm Reply with quote

It should work ok for all BBtoNuke, however I am not certain how well it will interact with the WYSIWYG editor enabled in the 7.7+ PHP-Nukes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:54 am Reply with quote

CurtisH wrote:
It should work ok for all BBtoNuke, however I am not certain how well it will interact with the WYSIWYG editor enabled in the 7.7+ PHP-Nukes.

oh there you are Smile I pmed you at your site, lol. iam not sure what you ment in the pm, I followed the instrustions but it doesent work

CurtisH

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:35 pm Reply with quote

What I was suggesting in my PM to you was to make sure that any theme you use, you be sure to edit the forum templates for those as well.

Example:

If the instructions call for you to edit modules/Forums/templates/subSilver/posting_body.tpl

And your site uses a theme called DREcho then you will also have to edit

themes/DREcho/forums/posting_body.tpl

Missing this step is the most common reason for forum mods not displaying after being installed.

Gabe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:50 pm Reply with quote

CurtisH wrote:
What I was suggesting in my PM to you was to make sure that any theme you use, you be sure to edit the forum templates for those as well.

Example:

If the instructions call for you to edit modules/Forums/templates/subSilver/posting_body.tpl

And your site uses a theme called DREcho then you will also have to edit

themes/DREcho/forums/posting_body.tpl

Missing this step is the most common reason for forum mods not displaying after being installed.

hmm, well Iam a little confused, in the readme it said to just upload those 3 files if your site doesent already have any mods or whatever, my phpbb doesent have any mods/add-ons, so all I did was upload those 3 files, did I do the wrong thing?

CurtisH

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:55 am Reply with quote

Re-read my posts, if you are using a custom theme that has it's own forum template you will need to edit the tpl files for that theme. If you do not, then you will not see the BBCode Box.

Read all of the directions for this mod. They explain how to make the necessary edits to your forum templates. Smile

Most forum mods give directions for editing the subSilver theme. As mentioned already, if you use a theme with it's own forum templates you have to edit them as well. This is because when you do use a custom theme with it's own forum templates it does not use the subSilver templates, it uses it's own and therefor if those tpl files are not edited to show the new forum mod...you obviously will not see it nor be able to use it. Does this make better sense than the last time I tried to explain it? Sometimes I am not as clear as I intend to be. *LOL*

Gabe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:02 am Reply with quote

CurtisH wrote:
Re-read my posts, if you are using a custom theme that has it's own forum template you will need to edit the tpl files for that theme. If you do not, then you will not see the BBCode Box.

Read all of the directions for this mod. They explain how to make the necessary edits to your forum templates. Smile

Most forum mods give directions for editing the subSilver theme. As mentioned already, if you use a theme with it's own forum templates you have to edit them as well. This is because when you do use a custom theme with it's own forum templates it does not use the subSilver templates, it uses it's own and therefor if those tpl files are not edited to show the new forum mod...you obviously will not see it nor be able to use it. Does this make better sense than the last time I tried to explain it? Sometimes I am not as clear as I intend to be. *LOL*

i think iam more confused now, when you say forum themes you mean the admin theme right? I use subsliver, but for the actual forum theme that all the users see is a custom theme

CurtisH

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:16 am Reply with quote

What is the name of the theme you are using?

Gabe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:18 pm Reply with quote

daj glass

CurtisH

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:09 am Reply with quote

Gabe wrote:
daj glass

Ok, review the install instructions again. Where the instructions call for you to edit:

templates/subSilver/bbcode.tpl, you will also need to make those edits to
themes/daj_glass/forums/bbcode.tpl

Where the instructions call for you to edit:

templates/subSilver/posting_body.tpl you will also need to make those edits to themes/daj_glass/forums/posting_body.tpl

If this doesn't make sense to you, I suggest you remove this mod and stick with the standard phpbb one.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.8

View next topic
View previous topic