Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6
mathewps2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:44 pm Reply with quote

Ok im using infernoTM from techgfx to work on my website on my computer, and view it on a browser... anyway I want to unblock some username characters for example if i registered an account with a character of "{" or "^" it will not let me use it as a valid username. If there is any way I can fix this please tell me, thanks.

Susann

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:10 pm Reply with quote

Hi,

i know the problems with the unwanted usernames. I´ve just checked this "^" on my site it seems it´works because I got an Registration Error!
Go to your forums administration and add this character into forbidden usernames.
edit:

=/\=Sorry misunderstanding it´s to late.

mathewps2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:08 pm Reply with quote

oh, what do you mean misunderstanding its to late? anyways thanks for trying to help me, im assuming you mean misunderstanding as in it isnt related to my problem, but ill try anyways and thanks for helping me / trying to help me, i appreciate it.

Susann

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:48 pm Reply with quote

It was to late to concentrate on this, because it was 3 o'clock in the morning.
Special characters in usernames could be a problem with the different browsers (charset iso) e.g. the user can´t login also possible are problems with registration and the links in the email.Therefore such username isn´t a good idea. I´m not using 7.6 maybe it´s different.
The most is definend in the index.php of the your account module e.g.:

if ((!$username) || ($username=="") || (ereg("[^a-zA-Z0-9_-]",$username))) $stop = "<center>"._ERRORINVNICK."</center><br>";

or the nickname length: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6

View next topic
View previous topic