Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.8
Gabe
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:07 pm Reply with quote

well, Iam going to start having some of my site crew put in reviews, we need to add some pictures to the reviews, is there some kind of add-on for this, like a advanced reviews, I found this but its old and the download link doesent work anymorehttp://phpnuke.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1386

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:45 am Reply with quote

There are several with different types of improvements: mReviews, NDreviews, NSN-Reviews, nukeMyReviews, NukeStyles Reviews, and maybe more. I'm not sure if any of these are current - i.e. whether or not they support versions 7.5 and higher, but you can probably find them by searching with the names.

You can add pictures to a review with HTML, but I assume you're looking for something that allows you to upload a picture when the review is created. If so, be careful since the ability to upload files is frequently used to exploit sites.

Gabe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:13 am Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
There are several with different types of improvements: mReviews, NDreviews, NSN-Reviews, nukeMyReviews, NukeStyles Reviews, and maybe more. I'm not sure if any of these are current - i.e. whether or not they support versions 7.5 and higher, but you can probably find them by searching with the names.

You can add pictures to a review with HTML, but I assume you're looking for something that allows you to upload a picture when the review is created. If so, be careful since the ability to upload files is frequently used to exploit sites.

html tags dident work, I have them turned on in the forum admin, and it works thoughout the site but not in the reviews, and I dont want people to be able to upload files, I just want them to be able to add the pics into their reviews, I'll google search for some of those review add-ons, thanks

Gabe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:02 pm Reply with quote

whats the best one?

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:25 pm Reply with quote

I haven't looked at them, so I couldn't say. It seems there are more messages about mReviews, but I don't know if that's because more people use it or because it has more issues. I'd check the readme files in the downloads for the functionality you're looking for, then, if one has it, see if it runs on your version of PHP-Nuke, is secure, and has decent support.

Gabe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:04 pm Reply with quote

i decided to go with NDreviews, its installed but I have in my admin nuke panel it has" NEWS" for the news link, it use to be "News" any idea why it changed the name? theres another step Iam not sure if I need to do, it asks me this

Quote:
6) If you are already using your includes/my_header.php you will want to add this code to yours instead of overwriting
it with the one that is included, if yours is not modified then you can simply replace it with the included one.

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:25 pm Reply with quote

Confused....News is for configuring News. There should be a separate admin function for configuring NDreviews.

NDreviews may use some javascript, which is why it's asking you to add some code to the my_header.php file. If you've already added code to my_header.php, you need to copy some code into that file from the NDreviews installation instructions. If you have NOT already added code to the my_header.php, you can probably use the one included with the NDreviews download. Make sense?

Gabe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:30 pm Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
Confused....News is for configuring News. There should be a separate admin function for configuring NDreviews.

NDreviews may use some javascript, which is why it's asking you to add some code to the my_header.php file. If you've already added code to my_header.php, you need to copy some code into that file from the NDreviews installation instructions. If you have NOT already added code to the my_header.php, you can probably use the one included with the NDreviews download. Make sense?

i've kinda givin up on it, when I click add review in the admin, it just gives me a opition to upload a image, i hit submit and it comes to a page with pritty much nothing on it, i guss NDreviews doesent work in nuke 7.8, i cant really find any other review modules, what I want is something I can make categorys, like video cards, motherboards, ect

Gabe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:35 pm Reply with quote

Gabe wrote:
kguske wrote:

i've kinda givin up on it, when I click add review in the admin, it just gives me a opition to upload a image, i hit submit and it comes to a page with pritty much nothing on it, i guss NDreviews doesent work in nuke 7.8, i cant really find any other review modules, what I want is something I can make categorys, like video cards, motherboards, ect

i think "MReviews" is my answer

the NDreviews kinda screwed things up, thank god I made a backup before all this

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.8

View next topic
View previous topic