Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.8
kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:34 pm Reply with quote

The best thing you can do to protect yourself against these types of errors is to use a file comparison tool like Beyond Compare or the open source WinMerge to compare the files before changes (yes, save a copy) and after changes so you can check your work, so to speak.

Gabe
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:50 pm Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
Did you try to load the page directly (http://alloutcomputers.net/modules/Your_Account/index.php)? It now shows a parsing error on line 899.

Delete this line:
Code:
in function userinfo($username, $bypass=0, $hid=0, $url=0) {

around line 882 in the file you previously sent, but it could now be 899...

ok its working now thanks Very Happy

i love you, lol

Last edited by Gabe on Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total 
kguske

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:57 pm Reply with quote

Careful...my wife will get jealous! You might want to use one of those file comparison tools to check other files that changed - just to be safe. Welcome to RavenPHPScripts.com!
RavensScripts

Gabe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:17 pm Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
Careful...my wife will get jealous! You might want to use one of those file comparison tools to check other files that changed - just to be safe. Welcome to RavenPHPScripts.com!
RavensScripts

Iam not to sure exactly what you mean about the file compresion tools

I have another question Smile in my sig on the site its adding <br> tags to each linehttp://www.alloutcomputers.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=127#127

look at the last post in my sig

hmm, when you add the sig though the profile link via the forums, the sig gets added/edit correctly(no br tags) but if I do it though the your account>your info link on the home page of the site in the right top cornor the br tags gets added, AND it only adds part of my sig

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:44 am Reply with quote

File comparison, not compression, tools allow you to do a side-by-side comparison of text files. You can have it compare whole directories - for example, a backup of your Nuke files and the current version of your Nuke file - to show you which files changed. Then you can look at difference in individual files. It's great for checking modifications. For more information, check Beyond Compare and WinMerge.

There are different functions for maintaining the forum signature as you described and they work differently. I'd recommend using the profile function instead of the Your Info link.

Gabe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:38 am Reply with quote

the site will only do my sig what fits into the text area where you enter the sig

another question is I havent been able to find a latest forum threads block that I can put on the side of my site, I have the center one but need to get a side one

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:04 am Reply with quote

The sites I usually check for Nuke addons, etc., are: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Gabe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:12 am Reply with quote

none of those sites had any thing, once site had a forums scrolling block but I dont want any animations on my site

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:20 pm Reply with quote

I haven't searched for something like this, so I can't point to something specific. You could modify the center block to be a side block. If that doesn't work or you can't find something, you might try opening a new thread with "recent forum topics side block" as the topic.

Gabe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:22 pm Reply with quote

hmm, thanks anyway its not to big of a deal, i got accepted to google ad sense but i dunno what in the world iam doing, lol, thats my new project

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.8

View next topic
View previous topic