Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...
dcasmr
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:52 pm Reply with quote

Hi,

I am looking for a good "Disable Right-click menu" that works on both Firefox and IE. I prefer the ones that gives a menu when the user right-clicks as supposed to a sorry message ...

Thanks,
dcasmr

izone
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:02 am Reply with quote

I know that [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] had one and they use it there too. It was in the Depository section. But I cann't find that section now.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:05 am Reply with quote

dcasmr wrote:
Hi,

I am looking for a good "Disable Right-click menu" that works on both Firefox and IE. I prefer the ones that gives a menu when the user right-clicks as supposed to a sorry message ...

Thanks,
dcasmr
I won't belabor the subject because it's been duscussed so many times before, but those scripts are relatively useless since you can select View Source from the menu. But, to each his own ....

Steptoe
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:23 pm Reply with quote

Also a site with no right clk...cant open link in new window...I have a personal hate with such sites, I dont think they do anything for a site being user friendly and therefore popularity.
There are some good content nuke sites that have no right clk, they reach a piont of popularity then tend to level out and drop...less posts, membership rates reduce.
If the issue of pic theift is a worry...
We have a gallery, yes pics appear on other sites /forums often without permission asked, but in 99% of the cases, they have provided a link to our site, the watermark is on the pic, and from the referers tables this creates more visits to us, membership, content....And links for search engines for better ratings. Its a +ve trade off.
At the end of the day, a pic can still be recovered from the Tmp internet files

Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:26 pm Reply with quote

There are soo many ways to bypass those kind of scripts. The easiest is just disable Javascript.

It won't deter a determined thief, it will only inconvience your normal users who use right click for other functions (opening in a new window/tab, etc)

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
dcasmr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:54 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice..... I agree that it will inconvenience the many good visitors.

dcasmr

izone

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:53 am Reply with quote

I agree with ohters too. I hade this script on my site for a time ago. Users couldn't get/copy the codes I or someone else wrote in the forums because of it. So I took it away.

I just knew that nukescriptes had one and because you asked for I gave you the url Neutral

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...

View next topic
View previous topic