Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.8
pmaryan
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:19 am Reply with quote

Has anyone done this or know how to do this, or know where I can find out how to do it?

Here is the problem, I like my site, but nobody uses the news feature, but they use the forum a lot. Can i make news topics comments be posted directly into the forum under the original posting (which when someone posts news also posts a post in the forum)

This is my site:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

This is an example of it:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Click on a comment link , and notice how it goes right to the forum and its really a forum topic.

Any ideas???

CurtisH
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:27 am Reply with quote

Yes you can. There is a mod called ForumNewsAdvance (FNA) that Mighty_y of [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] wrote. Just visit his site, register and download it. Smile

You can see an example of this in action at:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and the 3.0 version that is now available in use at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:44 am Reply with quote

Okay,

Then here comes the next line of questions....

I have found out that think software works real well BUT NOT with 7.8! I want to downgrade to 7.6, but how would I go about doing that and not losing items that I have such as user accounts, forum posts, and other items!?!

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:07 pm Reply with quote

There's a downgrader at NukeScripts

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
pmaryan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:45 pm Reply with quote

Okay,

So I downgraded tonight, ran through everything to set some stuff up that got whacked by the downgrade, all seems well.

Ran through all the hacks mentioned in the install file for this mod listed above.

I then go into my site: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] nothign appears. I replace the theme.php with one from the tgz and my site is back, so I go into forums, same thing.

I ended up replacing all files with clean copies to get my site back.

Anyone have another suggestion for a news forum integration that doesn't suck?

64bitguy
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:19 pm Reply with quote

First things first.

After downgrading to 7.6, did you run the latest version of "Patched" from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

if no, get that run it and then apply the FNA mods. Remember, that you also need to edit your theme for this to work so don't forget to do the theme mods as well as forums files mods.

It should then work.

pmaryan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:18 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Remember, that you also need to edit your theme for this to work so don't forget to do the theme mods as well as forums files mods.

Do the mods to make it go down to 7.6 or to use FNA.

I did use the latest "patched" files when i downgraded.

Explain what you mean by edit my them and forum.....

I applied ALL changes that were laid out in order in the install.txt file.

Thx!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.8

View next topic
View previous topic