Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's v7.0 Customized Distro
upkasite
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:36 pm Reply with quote

Well where do i download it then.. Unless I am not a beta tester.. I havent received an email or anything so if i was supposed to could u resend it..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:01 pm Reply with quote

Okay all you testers, I need your feedback as I'd like to release this. I have not had any issues that were attributable to the distro. Please send your comments. Thanks!

upkasite, I tried to sent PM's to everyone who had requested to test. A couple of people got missed but at this point I don't want to send out anymore as you can see from my message above I want to close the RC1. If there is an RC2, I will be sure to include you.

Nelson
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:28 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Okay all you testers, I need your feedback as I'd like to release this. I have not had any issues that were attributable to the distro. Please send your comments. Thanks!

upkasite, I tried to sent PM's to everyone who had requested to test. A couple of people got missed but at this point I don't want to send out anymore as you can see from my message above I want to close the RC1. If there is an RC2, I will be sure to include you.

Hi Raven,

Here are a few curious problems that I found:

1- Real-Time Stats: The block seems to look ok, but the module has an error, which I am not sure about.. it states:

Registered
Nelson

Last Forum Post
chessace
2004-01-13 18:35:25

( sec. refresh)

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in ...../public_html/html/mainfile.php on line 225

2- Webmail: I was checking this out in Your Account, and found that the module folders for the Webmail is there, but there are no files in it. I copied the contents of my production site into this empty folder, and it seemed to work just fine.. is this a security problem? I ask, since I found a htaccess file in the Raven distro, but that is all. Inside it denied access to all...

3- Stock Quote: Is this supposed to be live? It displays fine, but it seems that only history is being displayed. (I was logged in when I tried this ... does the user need to be signed up with Yahoo or some other service as well? If so, this is not apparant.. I am a little confused with this, since I know nothing about stocks.. heh heh

4- Workboard: This is not a problem... I put this in because I wanted to tell you that I absolutely LOVE this utility! A very good tool for webmasters and developers... it will definitely help me to make some notes and keep my thoughts organized in my chess server---> Nuke port project! Very Happy

--Nelson

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:08 am Reply with quote

#1 - I can't reproduce that one [yet] - I'll keep looking. Is anyone else having that problem?

#2 - Interestingly enough, the virgin 7.0 that I received from the original 7.0 doesn't have any files in it either so that's why mine does not! I know that there was a licensing dispute with the author so I will have to check to see if Webmail is still being distributed or not.

#3 - You don't have to be signed up with Yahoo or anything else. It should work out of the box. I may have to check it out on your site as it works when I try it.

twelves
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:48 am Reply with quote

Is it safe for a full production web site?

Then upgrade to your 7.01 Final?

Thanks.

Looks GREAT

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:00 am Reply with quote

It's safer than the One FB has released. But, it is not renumbered to 7.01. It is just a customized 7.0

upkasite

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:21 pm Reply with quote

OK well update on time? Not rushing just hasnt been an update about when you think it will come out..

Nukeum66
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:18 pm Reply with quote

Hello Raven,

Report is almost the same as Nelson's:

Quote:
1- Real-Time Stats: The block seems to look ok, but the module has an error, which I am not sure about.. it states:

Registered
Nukeum66

Last Forum Post
Nukeum66
2004-01-15 06:11:09

( sec. refresh)

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in ...../public_html/html/mainfile.php on line 225

2- The Webmail Laughing

3- Stats Mod not displaying - Montly Stats and Daily Stats (Note: Monthly is misspelled within the mod Laughing)

4- User/Site Info not displaying - Hits New Today and Hits New Yesterday

Thats it !

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:13 am Reply with quote

#1 - That usually means a function is getting redeclared. I'm not getting it but I'll try another fresh reinstall.

#2 - By Design. There is a licensing issue so FB pulled it.

#3 - Not getting it here - will try a fresh reinstall.

#4 - Same as #3.

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:14 am Reply with quote

Was this with a virgin install w/o making any changes at all or was it only after you activated/deactivated certain blocks/modules?

Nukeum66

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:24 am Reply with quote

virgin install

Teknerd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:31 am Reply with quote

I only got that error with the Real time stats when I clicked on it, until you told me its wasn't a clickable module. Works fine for me. Only thing I have noticed so far is the Hits New Today and Hits New yesterday are not showing up. It just remains blank for some reason.

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:22 am Reply with quote

Real Time Stats is not a clickable module, but it shouldn't be producing an error. You should have it as Active-Invisible. I will look into the error.

Teknerd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:43 pm Reply with quote

Raven check the Ip tracker Module in the admin section when I click it to access the info for the Your Account Module I keep getting these errors

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/oc/public_html/site/includes/sql_layer.php on line 238

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/oc/public_html/site/includes/sql_layer.php on line 286
GC'AngelEyes 205.188.209.176 cache-dr10.proxy.aol.com 2004-01-19 00:01:19 1

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/oc/public_html/site/includes/sql_layer.php on line 238

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/oc/public_html/site/includes/sql_layer.php on line 286

It only does it on that module.

Nukeum66

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:15 pm Reply with quote

I've checked everywhere and I'm NOT getting those errors. IPTacking is fine here!

I've turned Raven 7.0 inside out and have found only the two problems I posted here earlier. Which I'm sure have nothing to do with any scripting, probably just a botched installation.

Nukeum66

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:35 pm Reply with quote

One thing Raven! You have the Work Board module folder in admin/modules and in site.com/modules Why is that ? I have installed this on another site and don't remember doing this.

Edit: LOL! Never mind ! Embarassed

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:16 pm Reply with quote

Why I oughta ..... Laughing

Teknerd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:51 pm Reply with quote

lol botched install Rolling Eyes this was a virgin install, the only change I made was to turn on the auto activation setting. I will turn it back off and see if it solves the error.

Nukeum66

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:26 pm Reply with quote

Quote:

lol botched install

I was referring to my installation. Rolling Eyes

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:30 pm Reply with quote

Nukeum66 wrote:
Quote:

lol botched install

I was referring to my installation. Rolling Eyes
Laughing - I knew that Laughing

Nukeum66

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:08 am Reply with quote

Laughing Sorry Raven that post was meant for Teknerd, he seems to think I said his installation was botched.

Quote:

Teknerd said,

lol botched install this was a virgin install, the only change I made was to turn on the auto activation setting. I will turn it back off and see if it solves the error.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's v7.0 Customized Distro

View next topic
View previous topic