Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Bug Fixes
smash11480

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:41 pm Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Somthing is wrong with the news module, as you can see it is taking all of the right side of the page and pushing the right side blocks down.

I am running 7.7.3.1 and recently installed page numbers hack for news page.

Things of interest:

It is only doing this with new articles, all the older articles are working correctly.

It is effecting the message, this is interesting because the message is not showing up in the admin panel, according to the admin panel there is no message

It is also kicking over the text at the very bottom of the page.

I dont have a clue what is causing this.

smash11480

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:52 pm Reply with quote

I also installed a headlines block from another site, it was to wide so I deleted the block, not sure if this problem was happoning before or after this started.

64bitguy
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:18 pm Reply with quote

Well, I can only say this domain has some serious issues.

First, users cannot register. When you click on the "I am 13 years or older" link, it tells you that the username is already selected. This is only strange because the user hasn't seen the screen where they are to tell you what username they want to use.

Once you have that issue fixed, I would also suggest that you try to look at this with another theme (like DeepBlue) to see how the site looks there. That might help you narrow this other problem down.

Steph

smash11480

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:29 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip, I had no idea.

I dont know what the hell is going on around this place...

Got any suggestions on how to fix this?

64bitguy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:42 pm Reply with quote

It's hard to say. There are so many problems with 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 I wouldn't know where to begin.

Next, are you using the standard Your_Account module or a custom one?

Without seeing all of the changes and knowing all of the mods in question, I don't think at this point I can properly guide you.

Finally, that theme is really odd in that it uses all "forums" based images . This is unusual in that images are usually divided into seperate groups. Regular images and forum images. As they are all together, it leads me to believe that it was a roughly translated phpBB theme and without knowing the code, I can't really troubleshoot it. This is a problem of late with a lot of themes that started as phpBB and were converted (fairly slopily in my humble opinion) to work with nuke.

Hence, why I suggested to look at your domain with a basic theme to see what it looks like. At least then you can narrow the issue down to being module code, versus theme code.

Wish I could be of more help.
Steph

smash11480

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:32 am Reply with quote

Actually it was a custom box.

I pulled down the block in dreamweaver and found that registration link, I think what the problem was is that it was trying to register within the forums and not within the site.

So anyways I located the addy for registering on the site and pasted it on the link already there and it seems to work ok.

I dont know exactly how the blocks were fixed, my partner in crime took a look at it and fixed it.

Thanks for the help guys.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Bug Fixes

View next topic
View previous topic