Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6
mrix
Client

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:18 am Reply with quote

Hello all, google XML Site map has been around for a while now and I am wondering if anyone has a XML Map generator thats fairly easy to use and doesnt have a problem with google tap etc.
Cheers
mrix

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:15 am Reply with quote

well i dont know about googletap friendly but the sitemapper was a topic not long ago..
to download the program go here. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Steptoe
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:33 pm Reply with quote

I highly recomend the one above...I have played around with 4 or 5...that is the only one I still have loaded
Yes it is very GT friendly with great filter opitions
From the info and scans one can also build good robots.txt files
Combining GT, SEO dynamic tags, meta tag and robots.txt editing, alt tags, keywords on pages, gsitecrawler, and Good links are the esentuals to a search engine friendlly site
There is currently a modified GT module under construction by phoenix-cms [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:25 pm Reply with quote

Recently my site got totally kicked out of google ..ouch I cant understand why to be honest but when I try to submit a xml sitmap which is here I get an error???
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

the error is this

The server returned an error when we tried to access the URL provided. Please verify that the Sitemap URL is correct and resubmit your Sitemap.

??? as you can see the sitemap works

what is happening here?
Thanks for any help

could be something to do with me being kicked from google?

Steptoe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:48 pm Reply with quote

Your robots txt seems ok
meta.php
<META NAME="COPYRIGHT" CONTENT="Copyright (c) by SEA FISHING UK - Angling Forums News Sea Fishing Tackle Shops Rods Reels Rigs books Knots Sea Fish UK">
remove..could be interpreted as spamming, thu shouldnt cause the ban
Angling Forums News Sea Fishing Tackle Shops Rods Reels Rigs books Knots Sea Fish UK">

Have u run one of those 'check google rating' progs or site checkers more than the 1000 queries limit in a 24 hr period?
I did a while back and google dropped me bad lol, took 2 weeks to get back up.

I notice that your sitemap has ALL links, including to accounts, print, reply, mark,sort..stuff that googe doesnt need to index.
Using the site map prog above u can filter these.
The robots.txt tells respectable engines what not to go to
Sitemap tells google what to go to so long as it is not stopped by the robots.txt 1st.

I note here msn in the last month seems to totally ignore the robots.txt

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:49 pm Reply with quote

Well, accessing that url via FireFox hung my browser and I had to force close it through Task Manager Mad - I then tried to validate your feed through [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

and it threw up with this error:
Unable to validate, due to hardcoded resource limits (feed length > 200000 bytes)
Quote:
Unable to validate, due to hardcoded resource limits (limit)
Explanation

To prevent denial-of-service attacks, the feed validator imposes certain limits on the sizes of feeds it will process and the time it will spend waiting for a web server to respond. One of these limits was exceeded during validation.
Solution

Validate a smaller representative sample of this feed, or download the code and run it on your own system.

So, that may have something to do with it.

mrix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:03 am Reply with quote

think I`ll give up on the xml idea to be honest causing me grief.
Cheers
mrix

Susann

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:15 am Reply with quote

In my opinion is the google xml sitemap not absolutely necessary, because the links structure of nuke isn´t misarranged. Of course a sitemap is often helpfully. But I know also from some people that they got big trouble. Therefore I wait with the xml sitemap till next year. Smile

Steptoe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:15 pm Reply with quote

I am finding the sitemap rather usefull 'tool'
When I make a change to knock our ratings down, to then check what effect a change I make has, creating and updated sitemap and resubmitting gets goiogle back far quicker.
Then make changes, update sitemap one can the see what problems google has when after google has visited by checking the google errors and why. Also to see where google re rates the site.
The last time I did this (5 days ago killed the rating) we had rating of 8, went to 27, made change and went back to 3.

Quote:

But I know also from some people that they got big trouble

yes I have done that to when 1st using a site map, if what is in the site map goes to everything on the site, unfiltered, to stuff that hits a brick wall or things like "new post" "quote" etc google doesnt like it
At the moment I filter everything out, except, downloads, web links, forum index pages and threads....
filtering incudes links in places like posts that go to posters details, PM, faq, search,... links that sort downloads etc, news that go to comments, submiters details,
in blocks like use_info that go to new member details and members on line,
And module block that goes to submit news and recommens site
lots of others to.
If using site map, just include what u NEED google to crawl, and make sure there are no conflicts with meta tags and robots.txt

Susann

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:31 am Reply with quote

Fine that the xml sitemap is working for you. For us there could be a problem with duplicate content. Therefore I´first try to remove the session ids from our forum.

phoenix-cms
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:09 am Reply with quote

Well i have full admin control over my xml sitemaps here the original code i used before i ported it maybe someone can find a use for it just as i did

http://www.softswot.com/downloads/smxp.zip

phoenix-cms

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:10 am Reply with quote

and best part easy to make admin on nuke for it Smile

Susann

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:53 pm Reply with quote

Thanks,

further information for webmaster about Google xml sitemaps:

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

hitwalker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:05 pm Reply with quote

well i didnt had any problems using coffeycup ...

Susann

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:15 pm Reply with quote

And what about your ranking ? Laughing The xml sitemap is still a beta, isn´t it ?.

Last edited by Susann on Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total 
hitwalker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:18 pm Reply with quote

oh ranking goes up and down....we all know that....
i have the created sitemap on the server so no problem,it didnt validated cause i changed the links....guardian fixed that...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6

View next topic
View previous topic