Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
candy
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:48 pm Reply with quote

i am trying to set up an RSS feed on my site. i am placing the little yahoo bar that prompts visitors to add my feed to their yahoo page. my problem is that when you click on the actual links for the various news articles, it is the wrong link.

For example, the article link is actually:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]&file=article&sid=27

but the link that shows up on the feed reads:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

(missing the "&" symbols).

How can i fix this? Thanks.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:59 pm Reply with quote

You can try changing the & to & but you may need to post the code for the program that creates the rss file.

candy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:10 pm Reply with quote

i looked in backend.php and it does read &amp. how do i find the program that creates the rss file?

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:22 pm Reply with quote

That's the file backend.php. Either post your site url or email/pm me and I'll take a look. So, you're saying if you type [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] the links are all wrong - correct?

candy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:30 am Reply with quote

no, actually when i type in my url and backend.php, all the links are correct. they aren't coming up correctly, however, using the yahoo! feature. not sure how to correct that with them. it is basically leaving out the & sign so the links don't point to the correct articles!

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:47 am Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with the Yahoo feature you are talking about. I would contact them. Maybe they have a FAQ or a discussion forum.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic