Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
sonicman
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:06 pm Reply with quote

Ever since I installed sentinel I have noticed more hack attempts on my site, is this because I never knew about them before or are they finding and targeting my site by searching for nuke sentinel sites, I have had sentinel for about 2 weeks and have already blocked like 23 hack attempts, some were blocked for the harvest and author, but most were blocked by the script feature of sentinel, what is the different between the hack attempts sentinel blocks and which ones should I be more worried about. Also there is nothing strange in my HTTP Referers, some come from the sites I am linking to and search engines and some from my site itself, where are these hack attempts coming from

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:51 pm Reply with quote

I would assume it's because you never knew about them. Script, now, is a different issue. You need to be careful how you respond to "script" attacks, because it will be triggered by an innocent forum post that contains the SCRIPT html tag. My personal opinion is to always treat the following as the most dangerous and respond accordingly.

ADMIN Blocker Settings
AUTHOR Blocker Settings
CLIKE Blocker Settings
UNION Blocker Settings
Filters Blocker Settings

The others are more to your discretion.

sonicman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:30 pm Reply with quote

So do you think I should just turn the script filter option off, I tested this script in my forums with the script filter on, <scr>Test Code</scr> Just replace <scr> with the script html tag, Typing this code with the filter on banned me, now I have the script filter off and when i typed the same html tag it took me to a page that says this "The html tags you attempted to use are not allowed" Will this be good enough to stop any script attacks

Thanks

BobMarion
Former Admin in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:48 pm Reply with quote

NukeSentinel's script blocker is basicly the same as the native nuke script trapping routine with the except that it will block the ip instead of just displaying a "No-No" message Smile

sonicman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:11 pm Reply with quote

So leaving the nuke sentinel script filter off should be ok

BobMarion

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:39 pm Reply with quote

should be Smile

sonicman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:01 am Reply with quote

Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic