Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6
lazarus111
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:15 am Reply with quote

hey on my forum ( im using resecured 7.6 nuke with phpbb 2.15)
when people use the [img]link/to/image/here[/img] tag there sig just shows up as that.. it doesnt show the sig..
i know its probably some option i have disabled... but i cant seem to find it..any help would be greatful Razz
also can some 1 please tell me how to upgrade my forum module from 2.15 to 2.17(newest release i think) without loosing any posts/members.. without upgradng phpnuke?
oh and can some 1 please tell me how to disable anonymous posting on my board? (another newbie question)

Last edited by lazarus111 on Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total 
lazarus111

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:16 am Reply with quote

oh and another question... if i make a FULL backup with cpanelX and then upload that backup to another account (on the same server i think) and then restore the backup... will phpnuke still function correctly? (off topic question sorry)

lazarus111

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:26 am Reply with quote

oh and another offtopic question (sorry) who knows what table in the mysql database i can change people post count to what it was before we moved forums?
with phpmyadmin right?
i think its something like nuke_bb_posts or something.
thx for the help Smile

CurtisH
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:44 am Reply with quote

As an alternative this may help you:

Admin Edit User Post Count

Details:

Quote:
Allows an administrator to edit a users post count through the Admin Panel under the user management section

------

You can look in the forums at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] for direction on upgrading bbtonuke in increments.

------

I believe the folks over at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] have made some patches available that correct the sig issue.

------

To turn off anonymous posting, edit the forum permissions in the forum ACP so that only reg can post.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:55 am Reply with quote

ok the edit post count hack works fine..ive figured out how to get the sigs to work
but with the bbtonuke.. ive got 2.0.15 so does that mean i have to upgrade to 2.0.16 then upgrade that to 2.0.17.. and to do this do i have to download phpbb 2.0.16 and upload all the files then upgrade to it.. then download all the 2.0.17 files and then upgrade it ?
oh and also.. what section do i turn off anonymous posting?
thx alot Smile

CurtisH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:17 am Reply with quote

Yes, unless you are using Platinum or have added forum mods, then you will have to manually upgrade to prevent breaking the mods that have been added. Perform the upgrade to 2.0.17 by manually upgrading 2.0.15 to 2.0.16 using these instructions:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Then upgrade 2.0.16 to 2.0.17 by following these instructions:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

To turn off anonymous posting you will have to access your Forum ACP -> Forum Admin -> Permissions

Select each forum, one at a time from the drop down selection list and click the Look up Forum button.

This will display the properties for the selected forum. Make sure you are viewing the properties in "Advanced Mode" and not "Simple Mode".

Set the "Post" and "Reply" option to "reg". This will require anyone who posts or replies to a thread be logged in as a registered user.

Hope this helps. Smile

Manuel
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:13 am Reply with quote

you can find sig. fix on my forum

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:41 am Reply with quote

thx alot guys Smile
um can some 1 please answer my second post
Quote:
oh and another question... if i make a FULL backup with cpanelX and then upload that backup to another account (on the same server i think) and then restore the backup... will phpnuke still function correctly? (off topic question sorry)

CurtisH

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:19 am Reply with quote

In my experience I have found that the best method is to make a home directory back up and then also export (be sure to include drop statements and select data AND structure) your databases using phpMyAdmin. Then just upload your backup, uncompress it to the correct directory on your server, create a new database and import your old into it.

lazarus111

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:25 am Reply with quote

ok um.. so i go into the backup section of CpanelX and go to "Download a home directory Backup" then in my other account (in cpanelX) i go to "restore a home backup" and restore that backup. then do i make a backup of each mysql database from CpanelX and restore each database on the new account?
sorry im a noob, could you add me to msn ( [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] ) so i can have a chat to you about this (if your not busy ofcourse)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6

View next topic
View previous topic