Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> PHP
count

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:07 pm Reply with quote

Simple question.

When importing a csv into a table as an arry. Is there anyway to skip over a line and not have it import?

Also the csv that I'm using has a ' in it. It is causing a error in the import to sql. How do I get around this? I'm still very new to php and I think its going to invole a str replace (well I was looking at the stripslashes in nuke to see how this worked). I think I could hack thru the code and make it work, but I want to make it work the right way.

sting
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:22 pm Reply with quote

A line in particular or every other line?

Can you remove the ' safely prior to importing in a mass search/replace?

-sting

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
count

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:14 pm Reply with quote

The file that I'm importing the first two lines I want to drop them. They are header lines and are unneeded for the sql table.

I can remove the ' and everything works great. Would like to have to script take care of this. Right now I can tell the users to open the file, delete the first two lines and search for ' and delete all of them, but would rather have it all automated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> PHP

View next topic
View previous topic