Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
sak
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:30 am Reply with quote

Anyone know of a good voting module that can take advantage of permissions based upon phpbb usergroups perhaps?

I'm in need of permission-specific voting, so that not all registered users can see the vote or participate in it. I'll keep digging around and let ya know if i run into anything like this.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:11 pm Reply with quote

You mean like a top site vote?
Voting for what? - that might help others make suggestions.

sak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:43 am Reply with quote

You know, just like the Survey module that comes with phpnuke, but more options. I've tried the edogsopros 1.09b one, but it doesn't have the desired permissions.

If I knew how to restrict a module based upon usergroup, I could go about it that way as well. But I need some sort of poll/voting/survey module that can restrict viewing and voting based on usergroups.

Or if someone could explain how to restrict a module and block based on usergroup, that would work as well Smile

sak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:14 am Reply with quote

found one called nuke-phpesp...supposedly has the desired features, will let you know

edit: after messing with it for an hour or so, I couldn't get it to work. I just get Access Denied on the admin page...trying to find info but haven't seen any as of yet. I do recall having to modify some other module in order for the admin page to work because it's made for an older version of nuke, maybe this is the same case :\

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:16 am Reply with quote

Which version of nuke are you using?
I have a 7.5 I try it on if you can post a link to the download.

sak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:01 pm Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] is the latest version i believe Smile

not sure what version of phpesp it is based upon though. the problem is probably just a line or two in the admin that needs to be modified. i can't look at it again right now, but will a little later

64bitguy
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:21 pm Reply with quote

sak wrote:
You know, just like the Survey module that comes with phpnuke, but more options. I've tried the edogsopros 1.09b one, but it doesn't have the desired permissions.

If I knew how to restrict a module based upon usergroup, I could go about it that way as well. But I need some sort of poll/voting/survey module that can restrict viewing and voting based on usergroups.

Or if someone could explain how to restrict a module and block based on usergroup, that would work as well Smile

Use NSN Groups. That allows you to restrict any Nuke module or block access by groups.

See: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

sak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:31 am Reply with quote

Opros seems to work nicely, except one thing...

I don't know how to disable the WYSIWYG editor. The module requires that 1 answer be on 1 line. If you use the WYSIWYG (im using phpnuke 7.Cool it seems to mess the input up. Opsos only shows you as having 1 answer option. Is there a way to disable this so that it sends just raw text? I tried editing the text by clicking the HTML button and just putting it on separate lines like normal raw text, but that doesn't work either.

Anyone have some ideas?

Edit: Don't worry about it, I've decided to downgrade from 7.8 to 7.6. I'm hoping I can do all this without having to have 70+ users all sign up again, etc. I read all the stuff about 7.7 and 7.8...and geez I don't see why anyone would want to use it after that Sad

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:42 am Reply with quote

I dont envisage problems regarding users having to sighn up again when down grading provided you keep the same site key, cookie settings etc and us the 'downgrade' script which is available for the database.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic