Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
aawebtools

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:19 pm Reply with quote

I have just set up NukeSentinel on PHPNuke 7.7 patched to 3.0 and am having problems getting into admin. The authentication box keeps coming back up and won't let me in. The only way I can get into admin is to rename the htaccess file while I am in admin and then name it back once I am done. I have searched the forum extensively and have tried just about every suggestion that has been posted with no joy!

The God password has been written to the staccess file, I have changed the salt to the first two characters of the encrypted password, etc. I have run out of ideas on how to proceed. Any help would be appreciated!

CurtisH
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:55 pm Reply with quote

Did you remember to set up the details for your admin account under the Admin Auth List before activating HTTPAuth?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:15 am Reply with quote

If you are asking if I went into the Nuke Sentinel Admin Auth menu selection, the answer is: Yes i did! As I stated, my password is encrypted in the staccess file. I have gone into the table: nuke_nsnst_config and set http_auth to 0. I still can't get in. Here are the contents of my htaccess file

Quote:
Options All -Indexes
DirectoryIndex index.php index.htm index.html

# -------------------------------------------
# Start of NukeSentinel(tm) admin.php Auth
<Files /var/www/html/includes/.staccess>
deny from all
</Files>

<Files admin.php>
<Limit GET POST PUT>
require valid-user
</Limit>
AuthName "Restricted by NukeSentinel(tm)"
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /var/www/html/includes/.staccess
</Files>
# End of NukeSentinel(tm) admin.php Auth

Here is the content of my staccess file with the username and a few characters in the passwod changed to protect the innocent:

Quote:
XXXXXXXX:*4$/fFMsM1v$5U77HFHWFZcCAFMzV8wV0/

This encrypted password does not match the encryption that is in the nuke_nsnst_admins password if that matters.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:20 am Reply with quote

Rename or remove the .htaccess file. If you use this in your .htaccess, then the NukeSentinel admin settings have no effect. You have to use either or, but not both. If you use this method and it is not allowing you in, then it usually means it can't locate your .staccess file.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic