Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Blocks
Eck
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:56 am Reply with quote

Sorry if I am double posting, I tried a search and came close but nothing specific. For the Who is where block the text is showing up black. The rest of the Site text is all white. So my question is how do I fix it? Anyone else have that problem? The other blocks I have added worked fine.
I am pretty sure it has to do with this line.
Quote:
$bodyTag = "<LINK REL=\"StyleSheet\" HREF=\"../../themes/$theme/style/style.css\" TYPE=\"text/css\">";

But when I look in the style.css I do not see a problem. Any help would be appreciated since I am not the sharpest tool in the shed..

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:29 pm Reply with quote

well you can start by taking that time out.
then the default colors take over...having that is a little bit weird.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:32 pm Reply with quote

Do you have the issue in all browsers? In modules/RWH_WhoIsWhere/index.php is this line
Code:
$bodyTag = "<LINK REL=\"StyleSheet\" HREF=\"../../themes/$theme/style/style.css\" TYPE=\"text/css\">";

Have you verified that your "themes/$theme/style/style.css" is two folders up? The only thing that I can think of is that it isn't locating your style.css where it expects to. You might try changing that line to
Code:
<LINK REL=\"StyleSheet\" HREF=\"http://yourdomain.com/themes/$theme/style/style.css\" TYPE=\"text/css\">";

Also verify that $theme is being populated. Here again, your page source should reveal that.

Eck

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:47 pm Reply with quote

It appears to be populating to the theme. When I check the Properties of the Block this is what appears.

Quote:
http://mysite.us/html/modules/RWH_WhoIsWhere/index.php?refreshRate=60theme=DRZone

At first I did not have it set up right via folders wise. Although I did change what you said to, just to make sure I did not screw it up.

Quote:
$bodyTag = "<LINK REL=\"StyleSheet\" HREF=\"http://mysite.us/html/themes/$theme/style/style.css\" TYPE=\"text/css\">";

I did notice the block has Changed and matches the theme now. Although in the style.css I do not notice a line refering to text. I see one called .gen which is for text in general. It gives the size, color. If I changed the text to .gen will that change the color of the Font? I am going to try it and see..LOL

Eck

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:51 pm Reply with quote

Nope that idea I just had did not work, It changed the background to white and formatted the text bigger and bold. Oh and it is consistant through all Browsers, the text remains black.

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:56 pm Reply with quote

What's the url? Also, was this just a typo?
Code:
refreshRate=60theme=DRZone

It should be
Code:
refreshRate=60&theme=DRZone

Eck

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:03 pm Reply with quote

Yea the url was I changed on here, that was all.

Ahh glad you spotted that problem with the url, now what could be causing that? Me and a typo? Sorry it all seems so simple to do but when you mess up its always something small and you miss it. The only lines I have tinkered with was in the index.php file itself.

Is this the line that would cause that problem to happen?
Quote:

$content = "<iframe frameborder=\"0\" allowtransparency=\"true\" src=\"modules/RWH_WhoIsWhere/index.php?refreshRate=$refreshRate&theme=$theme\" width=\"100%\" height=\"200\"><ilayer src=\"modules/RWH_WhoIsWhere/index.php?refreshRate=$refreshRate&theme=$theme\" width=\"100%\" height=\"200\"></ilayer></iframe>";

Eck

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:11 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

There it says it now

Last edited by Eck on Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Eck

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:14 pm Reply with quote

Wow when I click the link above to my site its all black. Could that be do to the transparency or just because its not on the site using the theme? Just taking a stab. But if you cut all that out and look at my site all the way to the bottom left you will see it in action.

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:34 pm Reply with quote

Because it wasn't called correctly in a stand alone link. Try another standard theme and see if it works, like Sand_Journey or DeepBlue

Eck

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:44 pm Reply with quote

Still wants to stay black text. I am changing the themes all around to see if I can get it to work.

Eck

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:46 pm Reply with quote

Ok I found one it calls correctly and changes the color to white. Can I link to that theme just for that block or thats not possible?
Sorry to be a pain in the Rump. I really do appreciate you answering me and taking the time out to answer my silly questions.

Eck

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:50 pm Reply with quote

well I guess its just the theme we want to use for the site that is causing the problem. Found two other themes that do not appear to work with changing of the color either. Very interesting, even frustrating.. LOL

Eck

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:00 pm Reply with quote

Yep I linked it one of the other themes that works with the white color. Thank you for a great block and Module. I love it. Also thank you for all of your help and wisdom. Without you I would still be here smashing my mouse...LOL Thanks again,

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:12 pm Reply with quote

Then my guess would be the themes that don't work are somehow clashing with a variable name that I am using in my code or they are doing (maybe) a non-standard structure of some kind.

Eck

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:15 pm Reply with quote

Well if it would help you down the road, I would be willing to either send you the style.css or post it here so you can look at it for one of the themes that did not work.

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:35 pm Reply with quote

Zip the theme and send it to me at raven (**at**) ravenphpscripts (**dot**) com

Pride
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:16 am Reply with quote

I have the same problem as the original post. Please assist.

Thank you!

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:36 am Reply with quote

Eck wrote:
Yep I linked it one of the other themes that works with the white color. Thank you for a great block and Module. I love it. Also thank you for all of your help and wisdom. Without you I would still be here smashing my mouse...LOL Thanks again,

As you can see it appears to be the theme and not the code. Without getting a copy of your theme and debugging the problem I can't offer up any assistance. If you want to pay me for the time I will be happy to take this on as a project.

Pride

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:45 am Reply with quote

I am going to decline payment support.

I will try to figure it out on my own, or not use it altogether.

Thank you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Blocks

View next topic
View previous topic