Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Prayer/Praise Requests
Audioslaved
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 1:01 am Reply with quote

Raven,
God bless you and your family, I hope and pray for you, your family, and your father. He is a brilliant man if he helped make a great person like you. Wink I wish you all the very best.

-Bill (Audioslaved)

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:21 pm Reply with quote

Great news! My dad had his stress test and he passed without any problems! So, his surgery is scheduled for New Year's Eve day. Thank you all for your prayers and please keep praying earnestly for God's will in this matter.

blith
Client

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:33 pm Reply with quote

Praise God! Praying for more Good News!

TheosEleos
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:12 pm Reply with quote

I will be in CONSTANT prayer for your dad tomorow, Gaylen. What time is the surgery Central time?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:53 pm Reply with quote

11:00. If the tumor is confined, it should last about 4 hours. If they have to go after the lymph nodes, then it will last about 7 hours. Thanks so much!

TheosEleos

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:19 pm Reply with quote

I have been praying for your dad all day, Gaylen. I'm sure this is the last place you are thinking about right now. I look forward to hearing the report.

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:30 am Reply with quote

Great news!

Well, my dad had the surgery on New Year's Eve. He had to have his left Parotid gland removed which is where the cancerous tumor was. The surgeon also removed several lymph glands in the immediate area for biopsies. There is not cancer in the lymph glands that he checked. They are still running some test on the tumor to determine if this was metasticized from his skin cancer or was a primary Parotid tumor. He will now need to got hrough 6 weeks of radiation, 5 days a week. This will cause a physical drain on his body, we understand, round about the 3rd or 4th week. This is all precautionary now as the cancer is suspect and they want to be sure that there are no scattered cells in that area that could rear their ugly head in 8 to 10 months.

We sincerely thank you for all your prayers thus far and continue to covet them as we head into this next phase. His spirits are high, especailly since we were able to bring him home today. This treatment is to begin within the next 6 weeks and will take 6 weeks from commencement.

Thank you once again on behalf of all concerned!

Gaylen

fury
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:09 am Reply with quote

Glad to hear that everything looks good

blith

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:40 am Reply with quote

wonderful news!! continued prayer going out to you and yours!!!

TheosEleos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:57 pm Reply with quote

How is your father doing, Gaylen?

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:12 pm Reply with quote

Good to see you back! He is doing very well, thank you. He only has 12 treatments left. He is starting to tire a little more, but his overall condition is much stronger than we had expected. Thanks to all for continuing to keep him in prayer!

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 12:03 am Reply with quote

Progress report

Thank you all so very much for your prayer support! Can you believe how time has flown? My dad has only 3 radiation treatments left. Other than some discomfort, up until this week he hasn't really done too bad. The fatigue started in a couple of days ago and is hitting him hard each time now. But, as I said, only 3 more and he is done! because of how well he has done, they are scheduled to fly back home to Indiane March 7th. He has not [yet] accepted Christ as his personal Savior, but God continues to extend his life, so please continue praying for his salvation through our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!

blith

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:09 am Reply with quote

Good news! Can you tell us anything about how it has worked for him? Continued prayers as always!!

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:14 pm Reply with quote

Epilogue:

Once again we thank all of you and those countless others that we don't even know about for prayer support during these times Smile

My mom and dad went back home to Indiana a week ago last Tuesday. The only known effect of the radiation was skin irritation. Everyone, including the doctor's, have been amazed at his endurance. He did get more tired towards the end, but that was expected. The biggest problem that we had is that he just doesn't want to eat and nutrition is the biggest obstacle to healing from the effects of the radiation. Only time will tell as to the level of success of the radiation.

So, the physical healing appears to be taking its course. His spiritual healing is still in need of prayer as his heart was tender when he was laboring over the unknown but now that the doctors have told him how well he is, the urgency has left and Christ is still knocking at his heart but no one is answering Sad . Please continue to pray for his acceptance of Christ as his Saviour so that one day he will join all true believers in that beautiful mansion that Jesus is preparing Smile.

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:09 pm Reply with quote

My dad has been slowly declining since my last message. He has developed tremors, slowness of movement, and rigidity. Hmmm, I said. Sounds like Parkinson's. My sister back in Indiana went to the doctor with him today and it's confirmed. And, he's had it for probably about 19 years. He's being out on Sinimet (L-Dopa) and he's scheduled for an MRI to determine the extent. Please continue to pray for him and my mom. Thanks!

Nukeum66
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:55 pm Reply with quote

From your first post that started this thread he has never been dropped from my prayer list. I'm sorry to hear he's not doing much better physically, but what about spiritually? I pray that he has come to know the Christ Jesus as his Lord and Savior. We'll continue to pray for him, your mother, and the rest of your family.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:11 pm Reply with quote

Still wandering in the wilderness Crying or Very sad

AYK
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 5:01 am Reply with quote

Gaylen,
I'm no believer, but I really feel for your family and you. I hope everything will work out for the best for everyone.

Jochen -= AYK =-

neophite
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:41 pm Reply with quote

My prayers are with you Gaylen..

"Where 2 or more are gathered in my name, there am I also"

HIS word will NOT return to HIM void!

I have been through colon cancer, it was only HIS intervention and blessings that brought me and my family through it in 1999! I am still here because of HIS love for each of us.

God shed his mercy and guidance on you and your loved one's during this very trying time and surround you with comfort in the knowledge that HIS will be done.

In HIS name,

Bob & Ruth Miedema

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:10 pm Reply with quote

Praise God!!!! This morning around 9:00 or 9:30, my Dad asked me how he could know that he would go to heaven when he dies. Through literal sobbing, I was allowed to lead him to Christ. He now has the Scriptural assurance of Salvation through Jesus Christ our Lord! 80.5 years old - A mansion is now being prepared for him. He probably will not live long, but that is in God's hands. He told me that he has given up. I am just glad that he "gave in" Wink

How can I say thanks to all the untold numbers who have diligently held him up in prayer before The Throne of Grace? With nothing more than words, but you have the assurance that your reward will be from Christ himself, and then you can lay them at the Feet of Christ.

Thank you and AMEN!

GeekyGuy
Client

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:01 pm Reply with quote

Gaylen,

The love of family and friends is powerful medicine, and I hope you can sense the love being offered to you and your family from your friends around the world. I wish you all the best. And I am glad your father has come to know GOD.

Sincerely
David Rittenhouse
GeekyGuy

Member Emeritus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:48 pm Reply with quote

.....With the Grace of God, which surpasses all understanding..... Steve, Mary and Micki

Nukeum66

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:47 pm Reply with quote

Praise God!!!

I'm very happy for him Very Happy

neophite

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:56 am Reply with quote

Another GREAT answer to prayer - HIS will be done Smile

Bob and Ruth Miedema

AskAlice
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:44 am Reply with quote

The wishes for a swift recovery for your dad and strenght for family.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Prayer/Praise Requests

View next topic
View previous topic