Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Prayer/Praise Requests
blith
Client

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:22 pm Reply with quote

Praise the Lord!! Wonderful news!

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:30 am Reply with quote

I received a call at 4:44 this morning that my dad was coughing up blood. Amongst all the other things wrong (Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, Addison's) he also has pneumonia and a heart blockage and a very low platelet count. The low platelet count means his blood cannot clot and if he hemorrhages they probably won't be able to stop the bleeding. He has been refusing all tests, treatments, and is sleeping all the time. These are symptomatic of the end stages of dying. Only the Lord knows. I thank each and every one of you for your prayers and would ask that you continue to pray that if it be God's will, that he not suffer. Of course, a recovery is always in the miracle class too. Spiritually, as you know, he is ready (and probably willing) to die. This is a pain in one's heart that is indescribable unless/until you experience it. It hurts to your very fiber.

sharlein
Member Emeritus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:04 am Reply with quote

Gaylen, I feel your pain. I lost my Dad at age 15. We thank the Lord for your Father's acceptance of Christ, Our Savior. As we pray daily, Thy Will Be Done, so be it. I have been reading Psalm 23 a lot lately, It does give me comfort in troubling times. God Bless You and Margie, and your extended families. Steve, Mary and Micki (Micki is living proof of what we are talking about - a miracle) May God grant You peace and understanding.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:53 am Reply with quote

Please be praying for us. We are heading back to Indiana this morning as my dad seems to be failing fast. I don't want to take a chance on missing one last visit with him, even though he sleeps now about 99% of his days and they seem to find new things wrong every day. His body is swelling on one side, He's had a mild heart attack, he has a blood clot in his leg, he is refusing all tests and also refusing to eat. All signs of the last stages of death. God is still in control, of course. But, given his condition it is not likely that he will recover. Please pray for his peaceful entry into eternity with Christ and journey mercies as we make the trek back to Indiana.

TheosEleos
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:00 am Reply with quote

Have a safe trip, Raven. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. If you take I-70 wave at the Oak Grove exit.

Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:11 am Reply with quote

Our thoughts and Prayers are with you and your family

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:02 pm Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone. Was up to see him and all I can say is, please God, take him quickly Crying or Very sad . He is so swollen and can't talk. And now the hospital intends to dismiss him as they can do no more. These next few days will be exhausting, for everyone. Even so, Come Lord Jesus!

GeekyGuy
Client

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:42 am Reply with quote

Our thoughts and best wishes for you, and your family Gaylen.

Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:58 pm Reply with quote

best wishes raven and only courage to you and your family

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:59 pm Reply with quote

<sigh> This morning the Doc had come in to talk about next steps. Before he could talk with my dad, my dad said to my mom "I want to call it quits". The doctor explained that the feeding tube was basically all that was sustaining him as my dad stopped eating several days ago. My dad agreed to stop that. The tube was removed at 10:45am. We moved my dad to Hospice at 6:00pm. The Doctor gave him 1 week at tops. I would doubt that. We are okay with this. It just hurts with a pain that is indescribable when you cry. Even the texture of the tears are different. He asked me "how long?". He also said "we don't have any options, do we?". He's worried about Mom. We assured him she would be taken care of. He then told her he loved her and asked her for a kiss. I can't believe how much the human heart can bear. I am filled with joy that my dad openly says "I have to go to Heaven". I am filled with sorrow knowing that we haven't much time. So many wasted moments. Nothing to do about those now. A hug - a look - he stares emptily as the Parkenson's tightens its hold and wrings forth the little life that he struggles to have. He seems at peace right now in Hospice. He knows. He loves us.

Muffin
Client

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:24 am Reply with quote

I'll be thinking of you all and praying for a quick release for your Father, Raven. I know what you're going thru right now.

My own Mum died of cancer 15 years ago now, although it seems like months.

I nursed her for 5 years while she, like your Dad, fought against cancer to survive, then the last few weeks I was with her almost 24/7 while she was in the Hospice. I used to pray for the Lord to take her every night, as I couldnt bear to see her suffering.

It breaks you're heart, and you pray for them to be taken quickly, and at the same time feel guilty and selfish for feeling that way.

There is nothing worse in the world than to watch a loved one suffer and be so helpless.

I was thankful that I had that time to talk to my Mum about things maybe we would never have spoken and kept inside if life had been different..

Small consolation for the suffering you have to bear at this time, but still a precious time to share our most prescious thoughts and emotions. And that alone is a great comfort.

God Bless you all Raven.

{{{{{{{{HUGS and PRAYERS}}}}}}}}}

FuZZyLoGic
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:05 am Reply with quote

like I said in my pm my thoughts and prayers are with you and yours. Take care m8

FuZZy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Prayer/Praise Requests

View next topic
View previous topic