Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
Interloper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:56 pm Reply with quote

Okay, well last night I finally got around to installing Sentinel on my nuke site. Most of it seemed to go without a hitch though I had some problems setting up admin auth and thought I would post about it to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Basically I already had a .htaccess file already with some ip deny details in it, but added the code generated by the CGIAuth setup link at the bottom of it. I also have an .staccess file that includes "username:encryptedpassword", which I made using the crypt.php code listed in the guide.

The "salt" setting in the Sentinel configuration is set to the same one I used in the crypt.php file and now when I try to access admin areas I receive a pop-up box prompting me for details. It seems to work fine, but I'm not sure if I've missed any important steps. I have no drop-down menu in the Sentinel setup to enable admin auth, only the text:

Quote:
ou MUST set ALL admin passwords before activating HTTPAuth or CGIAuth!

Where "MUST" is a link that directs to a 404.

Also, on a different topic, is there a list of recommended strings and requests to block on the associated blocker pages?

Cheers. ^_^

sting
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:36 pm Reply with quote

Going into sentinel's admin as a God admin, there is an option to set auth passwords for the admin users - once you do that, that option should change to a dropdown for turning on http auth.

-sting

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Interloper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:39 pm Reply with quote

Argh, I'm so stupid. I must have read the text where there was supposed to be a drop-down box a million times, but I still only set admin auth passwords for one admin instead of ALL of them...

Seems to work now, thanks for your reply. Very Happy

sting

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:55 pm Reply with quote

I find that its typically not stupidity, but rather the glaze that comes over the eyes after staring at the screen for so long... lol

-sting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic