Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
Sfinxs
Client

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:01 pm Reply with quote

I wish one day I would be completely done with my site and just kick back and relax and enjoy the site of 1000000 members currently online. But that won't be happening anytime soon. Visitors to my site has been telling me that they cannot view the news. They say everytime they click on Read More, it says module not activated yet. So I go and check my admin/modules and sure enough it wasn't activated, however I cannot click the activate button. The activate word is just text its not a link where you click on it and it activates the module. Please help

Sfinxs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:10 pm Reply with quote

Raven would you like to add a button from your best client/friend to your Recommended Sites. I just made one, here's the link: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] Groovy

btw others are welcome to add it as well!

CurtisH
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:21 pm Reply with quote

I use FNA for my news so I am not sure what for certain to change, but you should be able to change a setting using PHPMyAdmin to activate the news module until you can figure out why the link isn't "clickable"

Raven, do you know what needs to be toggled in his phpmyadmin to get him up and running? Like I said I don't use the standard news module so I am unsure..

Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:49 pm Reply with quote

News is activated (Home) by default. When you look in the modules admin screen, what module is highlighted as HOME?

Sfinxs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:01 pm Reply with quote

yes news is in home however it is listed under inactive modules and is not activated. I cannot access the news (read more) as a guest, it will say module not activated yet. Registered users from my site can't either. However I can when I'm logged in my account. btw the news is setup to be seen by all visitors.

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:10 pm Reply with quote

You're using Group control of somekind and I see an admin flag that is set. That could be causing your problem. I went ahead and activated the module, but I am suspect of the above.

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:14 pm Reply with quote

So, did that work? What's the status?

Sfinxs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:07 pm Reply with quote

yes it worked, thanks a million. <----- that's what submitted earlier, wierd its not here anymore Rolling Eyes

ARJJ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:22 pm Reply with quote

I have the same problem here
in admin news shows inactive dunno why
it shows in home but if u click readmore as a user it does nothing so the only way to turn this on for now in phpmyadmin modules i set news to 1

can anyone tell me why or how to fix it.

thx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic