Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 6.9
toadie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:40 pm Reply with quote

I am changing webhosting companies and I want to know what I have to do to ensure that i dont lose any usernames or news articles. i am running nuke 6.7 currently. I want to upgrade to nuke6.9 on my new server/ I want to know what i need to backup and how to install it on the new server. details are great. please help.

-toadie

CodyG
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:45 am Reply with quote

You need to backup your database on the old server. You can do that through your Nuke Administration panel. It produces a .sql file. You can read your .sql files with a text editor. You can also get backups by using the export function in PHPMyAdmin.

In your .sql file, you'll find all your data and configurations replicated in such a way that it will create new tables and populate those tables with all your data. But this file will not create the new database. You need to set that up first using your new host control panel.

There may be database issues between 6.7 and 6.9, but there are upgrade scripts that make those changes for you.

It would look something like this...

Backup your db on the old server, your something.sql file

Backup your directory files, you'll need your custom mods and images.

Install the new ver 6.9 files below /html on your new server
This is also the time to install your custom mods and images you want for your new nuke... your image files for example and/or and blocks modules and other files you might have included in your old site. DO NOT OVER WRITE the new nuke core files. (Again, this depends on the diff between 6.7 and 6.9, but overwriting could be going backward.)

Using CPanel or Plesk or Ensim create the new database for your nuke tables, and a database-user with password, and connect the user to the database.

Go to PHPMyAdmin, Click the SQL tab, and import your backed up .sql file. (Depending on how big this file is, and the tolerances of your sever, this could take awhile, be patient. Once I had to import the .sql file a thousand lines at a time.)

Make modifications reflecting your new server dbname, user, password to your config.php file and save that config.php file to the nuke root dir on your server.

Put the correct upgrade.php files, likely found at nukecops, in to your nuke root directory. Run them from your browser in proper order, ie 6.7-6.8, 6.8-6.9
This will make any changes to the database tables that are required for vers 6.8 and 6.9.

Remove upgrade files and any other install files from nuke root dir.

Things to consider... any modifications you made to your nuke core files will have to be redone in the ver 6.9 core files.

edited by me: nov 21, 7:30am PST

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 6.9

View next topic
View previous topic