Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 6.9
porcupinepc
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:33 am Reply with quote

Is any one using Real Virtual Store by Francisco Burzi on PHP-Nuke 6.9?
The install is very simple. I ftp'd the files and when i try to execute install.php, i get the following error:

Warning: main(config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/porcupinepc.com/httpdocs/html/install.php on line 2

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/psa/apache/lib/php') in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/porcupinepc.com/httpdocs/html/install.php on line 2

Any suggestions?

Joe [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 7:52 am Reply with quote

Is this the one you tried [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] ? I just tried it and it seemed to install correctly. It's funny that I came across this one because I have been developing my own module somewhat like this. I may just use this one and build on it as time allows. In any event, give it a try.

porcupinepc

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:10 am Reply with quote

yes thats the file. I first unzipped the file. Then i noticed that everything was in the html directory. I ftp'd the html directory into my root directory on my server. I also tried it in the forums directory. Both times, i got the error. I wasnt sure if i have to edit files first.

Any assistance is appreciated

Joe
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:12 am Reply with quote

You installed it in the wrong folder Smile

Upload the CONTENTS of the html folder to your root NUKE directory.

porcupinepc

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:21 am Reply with quote

I transferred the files into my root directory. Here's the Virtual Store files thats in the root:

admin directory
images directory
install.php
install.txt
modules directory
RVSconfig.php

I type in [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and i continue to get the following:

Warning: main(config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/porcupinepc.com/httpdocs/install.php on line 2

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/psa/apache/lib/php') in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/porcupinepc.com/httpdocs/install.php on line 2

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:24 am Reply with quote

Are these in your root NUKE directory? The reason i ask is that it can't locate the nuke config.php and it expects it to be in that folder.

porcupinepc

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:15 am Reply with quote

OK everythings in the right directory. It seems to install ok. In my admin menu, the icon for the store is there. However, when i edit the settings (config) and try to save it, it gives me 3 errors that appear only for a couple seconds . Something about no permission. Failed to open stream

Joe

porcupinepc

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:36 am Reply with quote

Ignore my previous message. I forgot to chmod the RVSconfig.php file

Joe

paranor
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:54 pm Reply with quote

So what's the story with this product? How does it compare to osc2nuke?

porcupinepc

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:00 pm Reply with quote

i installed it and it looks ok, however this version doesnt allow for the upload of images which was what i wanted..

Joe

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:00 pm Reply with quote

osc2nuke is a bakery. This product is a bread basket Wink The latter is for a more focused audience.

paranor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:15 pm Reply with quote

I always appreciate humor. But I don't get it!
Smile

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:18 pm Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes They both can hold a variety of bread. Do I have to say more? Laughing

paranor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:28 pm Reply with quote

For us slow Wisconsinites....maybe. Smile

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 6.9

View next topic
View previous topic