Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
wv1973

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:15 am Reply with quote

Hello I am using staff module 0.2 that came preinstalled with nuke platinum. It was working fine and I recently wanted to update some of the info but everytime I wish to edit or add a new staff member I get the following error.

ERROR!
You did not fill in either a Description, a Name or a Category, or all, for the staffer

Adding a new catagory works fine it's only with new staff members. This issue only began after I installed Sentinel. To be honest with you I cannot say for sure whether it is sentinel but it is the only major thing that I have installed in recent weeks. I was just wondering whether the sentinel install may be affecting it from updating the sql database in this way.

Has anyone else had similar experience..

Help!!!

Regards,
Wade

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:30 am Reply with quote

To discern if it a clash with NukeSentinel, comment out the lines you added to mainfile.php.

wv1973

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:45 pm Reply with quote

Yes when I dash out the sentinel comment it works again. so that confirms it there is something that does not quite Jive with sentinel.. For now I'll just update everything I need to and put it back the way it was in the mainfile but do you have any idea what it may be? I would like to have both workable at the same time.

Thanks for the quick reply by the way.

Wade

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:49 pm Reply with quote

My guess is that there is a variable naming clash. Look for the same variables in both application.

BobMarion
Former Admin in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:12 pm Reply with quote

Where can I findhte "Staff" module your talking about? best way to find the cross is to test it locally Smile

wv1973

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:38 pm Reply with quote

Well the staff module came preinstalled with nuke platinum but if you would like I can e-mail it to you both. Just e-mail me at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and I'll reply to you with the folder and the sql that goes with it.

wv1973

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:47 pm Reply with quote

Just an update, I posted the problem on a few sites and dar63 over at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] seems to have hit the nail on the head . He mentioned having problems with the following line of code.

"I've had problems with the santy fix in includes/sentinel.php stopping things working. "

Code:
// Stop Santy Worm 

$bad_uri_content="rush,highlight,perl,chr(,pillar,visualcoder,sess_";
global $REQUEST_URI;
$tmp=explode(",",$bad_uri_content);
while(list($id,$uri_content)=each($tmp)) {
   if (strpos($REQUEST_URI,$uri_content)) {
      die("Illegal Content");
   }
}

I slashed out these lines of code and everything works fine. So now the question is can it be fixed to still stop the santy worm and allow functionality to my staff module?

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:12 pm Reply with quote

This has actually been documented elsewhere. If you use the .htaccess code instead, you don't need this code.

wv1973

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:16 pm Reply with quote

Ok then so with the latest version of sentinel I finally got the .htaccess and .staccess working. This provides the same protection?

BobMarion

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:01 pm Reply with quote

The Santy htaccess protection Raven is talking about does provide the same protection and is on hte server level so it is a stronger protection then the script level in NukeSentinel.

You can also change this line:
Code:
while(list($id,$uri_content)=each($tmp)) {
to something like:
Code:
while(list($nukesentinelsuperid,$uri_content)=each($tmp)) {

To see if it's the $id var that was interfering. BTW, I use the htaccess Santy protection which explains why when I loaded the staff module I had no problems with it adding staff. I'll still look at it to see which var is the problem though.

BobMarion

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:11 pm Reply with quote

The staff module uses $id thruout it so changing the line i mentioned above it should clear your problem.

wv1973

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:18 pm Reply with quote

Smile Smile Confirmed this does the trick. I will post a link on the nuke platinum site in case any has similar problems with their installs..

Great work, thanks for the great support

Wade

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:54 am Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic