Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's
Hockyplr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:08 am Reply with quote

I figured out how to pull information from anopther site and place it in a block on my site. Problem is there is so much information it makes the block HUGE! So I thought if I scroll the information maybe that will make the box smaller, yet still display all the information.

If the information could be controlled to say 15 lines of text always scrolling and pause on a mouseover that would be awesome. Here is the script I have thus far:

Code:
<?php

if (eregi("block-Eq_news.php",$_SERVER['PHP_SELF'])) {
Header("Location: index.php");
die();
}

$content = "<SCR IPT language=\"JavaScr ipt\" SRC=\"http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/newsfeed/javascr ipt.vm?target=_blank\"></SCRI PT>
<noscr ipt>The EverQuest Live news requires you to have JavaScr ipt turned on.</noscr ipt>" ;

?>

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:04 pm Reply with quote

This works fine...

Code:

$content  =  " <Marquee Behavior=\"Scroll\" Direction=\"up\" Height=\"140\" width=\"140\" ScrollAmount=\"2\" ScrollDelay=\"100\">";
$content .= "<scr    ipt language=\"JavaScr   ipt\" src=\"http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/newsfeed/javascr    ipt.vm?target=_blank\"></sc    ript></marquee>" ;

Hockyplr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:42 pm Reply with quote

Great that works great for the scrolling! I appreciate the help and fast reply....anyway to add tyhe pause on mouse over?

Hockyplr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:54 pm Reply with quote

Awesome, with that help you gave me, I was actually able to rsearch mouse over commands and use them, so I have it figured out now.

Thank you So much!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's

View next topic
View previous topic