Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
candy
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:04 pm Reply with quote

does anyone know of a documents module that is compatible w/ nuke? i am looking for something that will allow me to upload printables onto then my users can download or print them. any ideas? Thanks.

sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:27 pm Reply with quote

Can you expand on what you mean a little because for my purpose downloads or something like that would probably do the job.

candy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:44 pm Reply with quote

yes, but i am using my downloads module for something else. i basically want something similar though. any ideas? Thanks

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:14 pm Reply with quote

I guess I don't have anything specific in mind but the file format could make a difference in choices of things to use. Are you looking at .doc .pdf .txt files or? Because some of the oddball/lesser known and used modules can be tweaked to work well with this sort of thing. Nuke Uploads for instance is nice but its fugly as heck to put it mildly. But when it comes to handling files up/down quotas allowed extensions and so on it doesn't get a whole lot better.

But otherwise I would almost think a wiki type of application might work well and offer a much prettier presentation.

Or going another route [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] works very well for presenting files with sytax hightlighting and so on. You can see an example of how it looks at our own hitwalkers site here
But now this lives entirely on its own outside of nuke.

So I guess the scale of what you are planning and file types would play a large role in deciding if it was me. The content module could even be used for the majority of text or html documents. I know I'm rambling and not being real helpful but since no one else stumbled in with any big ideas here I thought I'd throw a couple out.

And believe it or not there is actually a module out there called Documents Module 0.2.2 but the original site is no longer there so you would have to scavenge the larger file repository sites to find a copy because I know I haven't got it.

candy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:18 pm Reply with quote

i am planning to use it mostly for pdf and .doc files. i actually have the documents module right now but it's acting weird and i don't know if it's salvageable. i keep getting an error when trying to download a file. i also couldn't find any help online because the orig. site is no longer there.

what is a "wiki" type application? sorry for my noobness!

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:43 pm Reply with quote

How about Bobs NSN Script Depository ? I saw on his forums where someone did get it to allow other file types fairly easily and its a nice clean interface for the most part.

candy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:49 pm Reply with quote

where can i find this? i did a search but nothing's come up. thanks

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:23 pm Reply with quote

What trouble are you having with this document module I (curiousity for the better of me) downloaded it and it seems to work ok for me?

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:27 pm Reply with quote

You can see it at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
and its in the downloads different versions UNI and 760 I think.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic