Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
Caedus
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:12 pm Reply with quote

I hope I posted this in the right forum, if not some mod please move this.

------------------

First of, I don't understand why this happened.

The situation: I've a nuke site on a subdomain. From what I remember I didn't change anything significantly, but now it turns out that it takes one or two full minutes to load the whole site! Still the "Page Generation" time in the footer stays well under one second, so that doesn't seem the problem. The last thing I changed was submitting a news article and then it was still working fine.

I've removed and reinstalled the database backup I had, but no luck (I didn't see anything suspicious while watching at the database, but I could've missed something). I also reuploaded my backupped files, still not luck.

The site shares a user database with the site on my main domain. From what I can see, the site has nothing "huge" to download and I can get no further insight from peeking at the sourcecode.

Any ideas how I can fix this or how I can find out if it's a database or a file problem?

Any help is greatly appreciated, as I really don't want to rebuild the whole thing Sad.

Caedus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:18 pm Reply with quote

It seemed I posted this too early. I emptied the table that holds the articles of the 'Content' module in Nuke. Still I don't understand how that caused the problem. If the database was to big, how does it come that my other sites that use the same one, still worked normally?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic