Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6
Himmel
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:14 am Reply with quote

I want to add news the easy way. Now im using html in my news storys for the mainpage. (for pics/links etc) Its taking to much time...
Is there a way to add the news directly from the forums to the phpnuke mainpage? (aslo a better way to add comments imo)

Or does any1 know an easy wysiwyg editor voor 7.6?

Thanks Wink

SmackDaddy
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:55 am Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

They do a "modded" PHPNuke which includes a news script called "ForumNews"....I'd suggest contacting them about where to get it, download their Platinum PHPnuke and use it from there, or do some research and try and find it elsewhere.....

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:58 am Reply with quote

Consider the Forum News Advance addon.

There are several wysiswyg editors (SPAW, FCK Editor, HTMLArea) that should work with 7.6. I haven't checked recently for pre-integration with PHP-Nuke, but I'm sure it can be done.

sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:19 am Reply with quote

I've been experimenting with FCK RC2 its come a long way in a short time but its missing a couple of features that would take it from good to great.

Pro's works in IE and FireFox.

Con's the biggest one is the server path on none standard directory structures can be rough. The feature of prefixing the username to the uploaded images should be added so that users can upload images but only see and use images they have uploaded. Other then that I'd say its a solid addon.

I might be the only one who doesn't care for the forum news solution. The reason I don't like it is that people tend to clutter up their submissions with stuff thats not really printer friendly or appropriate for "articles".

Himmel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:25 pm Reply with quote

Thx.. will check your suggestions Smile

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:09 pm Reply with quote

Copy of a post I made at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] today:

I had some time to work on improving this some. This is not real well tested but will hide images from the user that they did not upload but show all to admin. Will resize jpg images I'd recomend setting jpg as the only allowed file type. Of course imagemagic will handle other file types using convert so this isn't absolute if you have imagemagic to use.

I only used cookie tests to verify the user status so it is not rock solid security but will hide the images from casual browsing and misuse ect...

There are some configuration options in the function for resizing images now to make life easier.

I uploaded the file from FCK RC2 HERE
Just save it as modules/FCKeditor/editor/filemanager/browser/default/connectors/php/commands.php

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6

View next topic
View previous topic