Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> CNB Your Account
hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:10 pm Reply with quote

well hard to explain in a topic title...

but this is the story....
i had some waiting new members and i saw that some things are changed...

first it shows 2 buttons so i can activate him and the other (larger one) is to approve...

well it doesnt aprrove anything at all !
the waiting member is still waiting...

i cant believe nobody noticed this...
any fix...?

sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:33 pm Reply with quote

It won't move them from the waiting user list until they recieve the activation link and activate the account.

hitwalker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:36 pm Reply with quote

so do i understand this correctly ?..
so it just stays there in Confused
Code:

modules.php?name=Your_Account&file=admin&op=listpending

and when the member activates it ..it vanishes..?
if so...why is this changed ?

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:54 pm Reply with quote

I don't know how it was before I only used the first couple versions from NSN back on 6.0

It goes to modules.php?name=Your_Account&file=admin&op=listpending because of the fancy use of hidden form fields and the options seen as $op and $xop that handle the redirection. It sends you back to where you came from basically based on the action you choose approve/cancel.

hitwalker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:00 pm Reply with quote

Well i was already thinking..."here we go again... Sad )
the previous version i used (4.0.0) was just approve and thats it.
So you can imagine what i was thinking when i noticed the approved member didnt disappeared...
But i just signed up at my site to check it myself and i disappeared .....so it works... Embarassed

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:21 pm Reply with quote

Had me going there I was beginning to wonder what I'd gotten myself into here Groovy Sometimes I still do lol!

hitwalker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:28 pm Reply with quote

well like i said to BM earlier,im an old fashioned guy and a big believer in not to touch anything that is ok and working.
but im glad its okay.

hope bob comes up with the fix on his new nsn download.
upgraded the groups and did the same with his downloads but theres an admin error in the functions. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
but i was first trying it out on a testsite...so no loss.

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:45 pm Reply with quote

As far as I know we're planning on releasing a final 750 4.4.0 before bringing forward another version (which I think is coming on strong). Could be worth while to keep a downsized version available but then again Bob has by popular demand updated NSN Your Account 750 3.3.0 its rather a waste of time for us to continue with the more basic application.

The next full version is well on its way but for the most part all default actions will still be available. Cleanup of some poor coding should help it to run on more restricted servers and a little faster overall. At some point we'll rewrite the db structure so that no default nuke tables are touched again as it should be. Until thats done I don't think we'll throw any more major additions like the admin editable TOS to the module that need to share the users table.

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:51 pm Reply with quote

Edit* Not Bob but NSN France? Sorry!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> CNB Your Account

View next topic
View previous topic