Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.4
ArdsMaster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:07 pm Reply with quote

Have just installed Nuke 7.4 - followed all the instructions but when I run admin.php - nothing! The browser just sits there ticking over. I have checked out using analyze.php and ConnectTest.php and they check out OK. I am running another website with a database using MySQL and PHP and they run fine. I have reinstalled numerous times using phpAdmin and nukesql.php. But all to no avail. I get nowhere when running Admin.php or index.php - the browser just goes to sleep. I am confidant that config.php is OK. I have switched on error reporting in php.ini but I get nothing, no error messages - just a blank screen.

Help - got any ideas!!

PHrEEkie
Subject Matter Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:06 pm Reply with quote

Ok, I'm assuming this is a fresh install, db-wise? Not importing anything over? Usually when this occurs, it's because someone is importing things, including blocks that are not compatible, thus stalling the page from completely loading. If your MySQL or config.php info wasn't correct, you'd get very specific errors instead of the page stalling.

After uploading the package and editing config.php, you should be able to load the page at which point you're directed to create an Admin account. Are you saying that after uploading and editing, the page stalls right then and there, or do you make an Admin/User account and then it stalls?

If it stalls before you are able to create any type on an account, then it would seem you have a corrupted filesystem. Depending on how you're uploading the files, your FTP client or whatever may be uploading things in the wrong mode, or flat out missing files and/or sub-folders and files. Analyzer (from what I recall last I used it) doesn't check your filesystem and instead concentrates on connection verification for MySQL and DB tables being available. It seems that part of the install is good, so we're back to a filesystem problem. If you'd like me to sneak a peek at your filesystem, you can PM me your FTP login and I'll see what's going on. If not, best I can recommend is to verify the filesystem with a Folder compare or other type of synchronization process.

PHrEEk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:52 pm Reply with quote

Many thanks for your suggestions. However, I managed to get a result by replacing my php.ini. The suggestion came from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
It was pointed out that php comes with two versions of php.ini - I had installed the 'recommended' version. I replaced it with the other version and now I can get into Nuke. Thanks

PHrEEkie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:14 pm Reply with quote

Ah, ok, when you mentioned you had another Nuke site that ran fine, I assumed it was on the same server. Glad you got it sorted! Wink

PHrEEk

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.4

View next topic
View previous topic