Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> KISSQ General Support
joedunn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 4:48 pm Reply with quote

Everything was progressing perfectly until the last step. When I get this error:

Welcome to the KISSQ MySQL Table Installer!

Unable to Create the table.

Column 'pDate' is used with UNIQUE or INDEX but is not defined as NOT NULL

What have I done wrong? I did search the forum for an answer first.

Thank you,

Joe Dunn [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:05 am Reply with quote

I know many PN sites use this w/o any problem. What version of MySQL are you running? You should be able to have a NULL column on an index.

You could try this. In kissq-sql.php find this code
Code:
pDate varchar(10) default NULL
and modify it to
Code:
pDate varchar(10) default NOT NULL
Then try install again. Even if that works, the application may not because the application does not exepect to have a value for purchase date. I'm just trying to determine if it's your version of MySQL.

joedunn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 7:40 pm Reply with quote

My server has MySQL 3.22.32

Joe Dunn

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:27 pm Reply with quote

Well, they're on 3.23.58. Can you upgrade? You could look at the change logs on mysql.com to see if that was changed, which I expect it was.

joedunn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 3:30 pm Reply with quote

Thankfully, a more intelligent friend of mine discovered and fixed the problem. I would email or attach the file but it does not seem possible on this forum. Here is the solution, at least for PN 726 users:

The problem was in the code used to create the tables - there was a syntax error.

This code: pDate varchar(10) default NULL,
Should be: pDate varchar(10) NOT NULL default '',

In the file kissq-sql.php you will want to replace line 130 with:

$query = "CREATE TABLE kissq_portfolio (UID varchar(16) NOT NULL default '', Symbol varchar(16) NOT NULL default '', nShares mediumint(9) default '0', pPrice decimal(11,5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0.00000', fees varchar(11) default NULL, uniqueid int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, pDate varchar(10) NOT NULL default '', UNIQUE KEY UID (UID,Symbol,uniqueid), KEY pDate (pDate), KEY uniqueid (uniqueid)) TYPE=MyISAM";

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 3:59 pm Reply with quote

As I said in my email to you, that may resolve the issue with your installation because of the version of either MySQL or phpMyAdmin. But the point is, is that it is supposed to be NULL and it works on hundreds of other installs. That's why I believe it may be your version of MySQL or phpMyAdmin.

I just tested this on my system using the original query
Code:

CREATE TABLE kissq_portfolio (UID varchar(16) NOT NULL default '', Symbol varchar(16) NOT NULL default '', nShares mediumint(9) default '0', pPrice decimal(11,5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0.00000', fees varchar(11) default NULL, uniqueid int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, pDate varchar(10) default NULL, UNIQUE KEY UID (UID,Symbol,uniqueid), KEY pDate (pDate), KEY uniqueid (uniqueid)) TYPE=MyISAM;

and it installed perfectly
Code:

Your SQL-query has been executed successfully (Query took 0.0067 sec)

SQL-query : [Edit] [Create PHP Code]
CREATE TABLE kissq_portfolio(
UID varchar( 16 ) NOT NULL default '',
Symbol varchar( 16 ) NOT NULL default '',
nShares mediumint( 9 ) default '0',
pPrice decimal( 11, 5 ) unsigned NOT NULL default '0.00000',
fees varchar( 11 ) default NULL ,
uniqueid int( 10 ) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
pDate varchar( 10 ) default NULL ,
UNIQUE KEY UID( UID, Symbol, uniqueid ) ,
KEY pDate( pDate ) ,
KEY uniqueid( uniqueid )
) TYPE = MYISAM

So, the query and file are correct as distributed. You have altered it to work with your system, but it should not be required.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> KISSQ General Support

View next topic
View previous topic