Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.5
ktunstall

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:48 pm Reply with quote

All functions seem to work fine with the exception of the "create field" option. This simple loads a blank page. Per the readme

Quote:
On some servers you will get a blank page or a loop after using the forms. If this should
happen open the files in a text editor and replace all 'Header("Location: ' with
'Header("Refresh: 0; url=' (without the ' marks) and save the files. Then reupload them.

I got the same result....a blank page. Any ideas?

Last edited by ktunstall on Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total 
sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:35 pm Reply with quote

CNBYA module?
I think that mainly applies with Windows IIS servers? Any luck?
I've tried that beta2 files and they work great for phpnuke7.5 but there is a couple of issues with the promote user function on lower versions.

ktunstall

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:11 pm Reply with quote

I am running it off a Win Machine at work. I am going to upload it to the live machine which is linux tomorrow....either way, the remaining functions work fine. I sure would like to have the ability to add fields though.

ktunstall

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:28 pm Reply with quote

Allright once on a linux box....it the availability was there .... However, I have run into another problem...

My server does will not work with the mail() function. Previously (<7.5) I have replaced all occurances of mail() with the following:

Code:
include('includes/smtp.php');

smtpmail()

This sollution tends to work well with plane nuke mods....However, it does not like CNB YA. Whenever the function is activated, it gives me a white screen. I guess I will double check and make sure I didn't invert letters.

Do you guys have a better sollution?

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:30 pm Reply with quote

Not out of the box. phpmailer is a great solution but I've only personally used it with PostNuke. I've seen others here mention it so there might be some more info available with a bit of searching.

ktunstall

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:49 pm Reply with quote

Well....lots of reading and no closer to a solution. The mail() function is not supported by my provider. For the life of me I can not figure out the reason WHY it would return a blank screen. Perhaps I should try what is stated in the readme:

Quote:
On some servers you will get a blank page or a loop after using the forms. If this should happen open the files in a text editor and replace all 'Header("Location: ' with 'Header("Refresh: 0; url=' (without the ' marks) and save the files.

Which files is he referring to? the say.....removeuser.php ore removeuserconf.php?

I also noticed that the path to the includes folder is literal....i.e.

Code:
include("modules/$module_name/includes/functions.php

I will alter the files tomorrow and test it again

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:22 am Reply with quote

I don't know what that will do for you. What version # files are you using in some there was an issue with the protection line at the top of include("modules/$module_name/includes/functions.php

Its currently commented out like so:
//if ( (!eregi("modules.php", $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'])) AND (!eregi("admin.php", $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'])) ) {
// header("Location: ../../../index.php");
// die ();
//}

If your version isn't this may be the problem. Just a guess but worth checking out.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.5

View next topic
View previous topic