Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> MySQL
HauntedWebby
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:45 pm Reply with quote

Never mind .... they brought in someone for me Smile

Last edited by HauntedWebby on Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total 
beetraham
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:40 pm Reply with quote

HauntedWebby wrote:
Ok Our AS400 server here at work died. I need to fix .. but in the mean time I need to have my sales people have access to information that I have on a text file.

I need a quick, not pretty, very basic app. Doesn't need to run in nuke ... doesn't need to do anything but echo info and search the info.

It's a pricesheet with the following text file format. Line Code, Part number, Counter Price, Level 1 price, Level 2 price, Level 3 price, Level 4 price, Level 5 price, Core Price, Description. I need it to be on a searchable database online.

I don't care how it looks .. I just need a single box for them to type in a part number and click search .... if it shows everything and just takes you to a line when a part number is that works. Simple is good. The people that will be using this till the system is fixed don't know how to use computers very well. I'm having to stop what I'm doing and explain to them how to search a text file.. Uuugghhh.

If you can put this together really quick ... call me at work ....1-800-371-5547 ask for LeAnna. I'll throw a few bucks your way if it can be done in the next hour of so Very Happy

Cheers,

I have a quick a solution in form of *Searchable DHTML Table - will that be sufficient enough?

Please let me know if you dig it - and more specifically;

* how many line are there present in the *sheet*?
* are you capable of formatting the table, or should I do it based on the information that is provided by you?

Please find the online *reference* - I'll continue on formatting the TABLE preferences according to your purposes in the meantime...

Only the first (2) columns are now active - I'll assign a dedicated *search field* for all of the columns that you mentioned above....

ONLINE DEMO
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

BR,

-beetraham

OK - got your feedback for some (5) minutes after posting this - well, I finished it anyways - (just couldn't stop it) Smile....

Last edited by beetraham on Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total 
HauntedWebby

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:43 pm Reply with quote

That's pretty cool. The text file has 1097 pages of lines.

beetraham

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:25 am Reply with quote

HauntedWebby wrote:
That's pretty cool. The text file has 1097 pages of lines.

Smile Very Happy - whoa, 1097 pages of lines - Smile I was sort of thinking (prepared to face the fact) that *the presented approach* might not j-u-s-t be sufficient enough for handling such an extensive load... (as a rule of thumb; PC memory limited approach)

Have had some hard times in the past with line-counts exceeding 1000+, when instantiating DHTML sort functions into the code architecture - however, the good news is, that a designer can have a tremendous effect on load (as usual) when designing the core functionality with care... when it comes to the performance of that particular code, I really did not have a chance to benchmark it - assimilated it as an example and modified it for the example purpose - it might be interesting to witness the actual "limits" at my end as end user to get an average pointer to performance characteristics....

Thanks a lot,

BR,

-beetraham

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> MySQL

View next topic
View previous topic