Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> KISGB General Support
laznut

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:30 pm Reply with quote

When my guest book records reached about 2,800, the whole program slow down. It took minutes to open the guest book. My observation was that it spent quit a long time on retrieving the records. After I deleted the old records, it took seconds to open the guest book.

Does it means there is a limitation on guest book records?

I want the old guest book record by accessible by visitors for viewing only. What can I do? Do I have to install another set of KISGB-old in the sever? Is there any way I can prevent visitors leave message in the old guest book?

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:17 am Reply with quote

There is no limit. But, the way KISGB is designed, flat file vs. rdbms, there is no easy way to optimize it, other than memory and cpu. The only current suggestion is to run multiple copies, kind of like an archive. There are others who do this. To be truthful, I never expected, way back when, that KISGB would be the success it is Smile. I need to address this in an upcoming release.

laznut

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:07 pm Reply with quote

If I create another KISGB copy to access old messages, how can I make it as read only? Or how to prevent visitors post message in the old KISGB?

Thanks.

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:10 pm Reply with quote

Just change permissions on the file (and/or set admin_from_web = FALSE; or remove the sign gb link. Several options Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> KISGB General Support

View next topic
View previous topic