Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
SmackDaddy
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:10 pm Reply with quote

Just a question for some of you webhosts out there....

With phpnuke, many of us offer most of our site's areas as open to guests.....and then restrict certain areas to registered users (like downloads, or things like that)......if you end up getting people who support your site by donations or something along those lines, what else do you (or can you) offer them? Or......maybe another question is.....what do you offer your registered users that you don't offer the guests to your site?

They can be modules for webmail, games, etc......

I am just wanting to hear what modules and things YOU offer YOUR members........

Thanks.....

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:11 am Reply with quote

I have 2 downloads modules, the second is the same as the origianl phpnuke downloads module but obviously has its own Db and the calls changed to reflect that.
I have one downloads section for registered users and the other for subscribed users.
As far as access rights go thats it apart from some forum area's that are restricted.

Most of my users 'subscribe' because we have negotiated a free/reduced price of products/services relevant to my target audience.
Income just about covers the hosting costs/ telephone calls, postage etc needed to get the free/reduced fee products or services.

We are currently looking at the Reviews section to generate extra income in support of the site and also offer professionally printed (credit card type) Membership cards.
Any profit we make at the end of the year goes to the members nominated charity.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic