Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Bug Fixes
BobMarion
Former Admin in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:28 pm Reply with quote

10 to 1 odds GT is is seeing the word PROFILE and trying to GT it which is why that word is the root of the issue Smile Try removing the section of GT that controls profile linking and see if it clears it up Wink

64bitguy
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:44 am Reply with quote

I'm not sure about that Bob... I've NEVER had GT running on my site and I had the same problem until I made the adjustment displayed earlier in this post.

You don't suppose it has anything to do with this?

Code:
   else if ((ereg("profile", $url)) && (!ereg("highlight=profile", $url)))

{
           $url = str_replace("?", "&", $url); // As we are already in nuke, change the ? to &
           $url = str_replace("profile.php", "forums.html?file=profile", $url); //  and put it back for the modules.php
       $dummy = 1;

from the includes/sessions.php

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:32 am Reply with quote

That's the problem code. Good catch! Now we just need to fix it.

chatserv
Member Emeritus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:55 am Reply with quote

Try changing:
Code:
else if ((ereg("profile", $url)) && (!ereg("highlight=profile", $url)))

to:
Code:
else if ((ereg("profile", $url)) && (!ereg("highlight", $url) && !ereg("profile", $url)))

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:13 am Reply with quote

worship That appears to fix it. Thanks so much CS!

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:08 pm Reply with quote

privmsg and memberprofile have the same problem and will have to be changed accordingly. Here are the lines as they should be
Code:
//   else if ((ereg("privmsg", $url)) && (!ereg("highlight=privmsg", $url)))

else if ((ereg("privmsg", $url)) && (!ereg("highlight", $url) && !ereg("privmsg", $url)))
   {
           $url = str_replace("?", "&", $url); // As we are already in nuke, change the ? to &
           $url = str_replace("privmsg.php", "modules.php?name=Private_Messages&file=index", $url); //  and put it back for the modules.php
   }
//   else if ((ereg("profile", $url)) && (!ereg("highlight=profile", $url)))
   else if ((ereg("profile", $url)) && (!ereg("highlight", $url) && !ereg("profile", $url)))
   {
           $url = str_replace("profile.php", "forums.html?file=profile", $url); //  and put it back for the modules.php
       $dummy = 1;
   }
//   else if ((ereg("memberlist", $url)) && (!ereg("highlight=memberlist", $url)))
   else if ((ereg("memberlist", $url)) && (!ereg("highlight", $url) && !ereg("memberlist", $url)))

Please note that it appears if you are using GT then there is still more work to be done or Private Messages will not work with the above changes Mad

64bitguy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:34 pm Reply with quote

As I glare into my crystal ball, I see a "Patched 2.6" in the near future!

Smile

Do you need the (modules.php?name=) part in the first $url = str_replace section? and if so, why not in the second "forums" part? The format kind of lost me there.

64bitguy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:55 pm Reply with quote

Raven, did you get this working yet?

If so, can I get a copy of the good code?

Thanks!

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:57 pm Reply with quote

You mean the GT part? I haven't had time to explore that. But if you are not using GT then that code above works, afaik.

64bitguy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:03 pm Reply with quote

I'm using 0.4a now Bang Head

Do you think the private messages problem is related to this section of code using the modules.php?name?

Code:

$url = str_replace("privmsg.php", "modules.php?name=Private_Messages&file=index", $url); //  and put it back for the modules.php

64bitguy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:17 pm Reply with quote

I hate to say it, but this problem is back again.

I seached for the exact phrase "redirect after login" any results take me to a 404 page.

Just experienced the same thing on [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Gosh, my luck searching for things just stinks... Mr. Green

chatserv

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:08 pm Reply with quote

Simple fix.
Open sessions.php and find:
Code:
else if (ereg("redirect", $url))

change to:
Code:
else if ((ereg("redirect", $url)) && (!ereg("highlight=redirect", $url)))

64bitguy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:21 pm Reply with quote

Thanks Chatserv!

I had already changed that on my copy of 7.4 which is probably why my site wasn't affected.

Next question is if the Private Messages issue has been fixed (described by Raven above).

Again, thanks!

chatserv

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:54 pm Reply with quote

64bitguy wrote:
Next question is if the Private Messages issue has been fixed (described by Raven above).

Not sure about the one you mean, care to describe it again?

64bitguy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:34 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
privmsg and memberprofile have the same problem and will have to be changed accordingly. Here are the lines as they should be
Code:
//   else if ((ereg("privmsg", $url)) && (!ereg("highlight=privmsg", $url)))

else if ((ereg("privmsg", $url)) && (!ereg("highlight", $url) && !ereg("privmsg", $url)))
   {
   }
//   else if ((ereg("profile", $url)) && (!ereg("highlight=profile", $url)))
   {
       $dummy = 1;
   }
//   else if ((ereg("memberlist", $url)) && (!ereg("highlight=memberlist", $url)))
   else if ((ereg("memberlist", $url)) && (!ereg("highlight", $url) && !ereg("memberlist", $url)))

Please note that it appears if you are using GT then there is still more work to be done or Private Messages will not work with the above changes Mad

chatserv

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:43 pm Reply with quote

This is my append_sid function:
Code:
function append_sid($url, $non_html_amp = false)

{
   global $SID, $admin, $userdata;
   if (ereg("admin=1", $url) || ereg("admin_", $url) || ereg("pane=", $url)){
                        //  The format is fine, don't change a thing.
   } else if (ereg("Your_Account", $url)){
           $url = str_replace(".php", "", $url);       //  Strip the .php from all the files,
           $url = str_replace("modules", "modules.php", $url); //  and put it back for the modules.php
   }
   else if ((ereg("redirect", $url)) && (!ereg("highlight=redirect", $url)))
   {
           $url = str_replace("login.php", "modules.php?name=Your_Account", $url);       //  Strip the .php from all the files,
           $url = str_replace(".php", "", $url);       //  Strip the .php from all the files,
           $url = str_replace("?redirect", "&redirect", $url);       //  Strip the .php from all the files,
           $url = str_replace("modules", "modules.php", $url); //  and put it back for the modules.php
   }
   else if (ereg("menu=1", $url))
   {
       $url = "../../../modules.php?name=Forums&file=$url";
   }
   else if ((ereg("privmsg", $url)) && (!ereg("highlight=privmsg", $url)))
   {
   }
   {
           $url = str_replace("profile.php", "modules.php?name=Forums&file=profile", $url); //  and put it back for the modules.php
       $dummy = 1;
   }
   else if ((ereg("memberlist", $url)) && (!ereg("highlight=memberlist", $url)))
   {
           $url = str_replace("memberlist.php", "modules.php?name=Members_List&file=index", $url); //  and put it back for the modules.php
   } else {
           $url = str_replace(".php", "", $url);
           $url = "modules.php?name=Forums&file=".$url; //Change to Nuke format
   }

if ($userdata['user_level'] > 1) {
   if ( !empty($SID) && !eregi('sid=', $url) )
   {
       if ( !empty($SID) && !eregi('sid=', $url) )   {
      $url .= ( ( strpos($url, '?') != false ) ?  ( ( $non_html_amp ) ? '&' : '&' ) : '?' ) . $SID;
          }
      }   
   }
   return($url);
}

Private messages seem ok at the site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Bug Fixes

View next topic
View previous topic