Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Bug Fixes
sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:01 am Reply with quote

Actually I just looked at the file you put up and it appears to be an older version. If you updated to the 2.5 patched series it would have to have the changes reflecting the $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] to $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']

I'd try updating the whole site to the patched series 2.5 files to start with. Disregard what I said before the newer files won't work without that change in place.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:13 am Reply with quote

Should be. Just rename your current index.php and try what Six suggested. Let's exhaust the easy ways first.

blith
Client

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:30 am Reply with quote

Okay so what should I do? Sorry but I got confused between the two answers. I also have the fetchit mod installed, that code is in my downloads index.php file. i think it is the same as here so it shouldn't be a problem. Thanks...

blith

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:38 am Reply with quote

Guys. I have had a look and I said this earlier but take a look yourselves. Reproduce what I said in the first post and you will see that all the entries that are scrunched together have votes encapsulated in ( ). This has got to be something...

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:46 am Reply with quote

blith wrote:
Okay so what should I do? Sorry but I got confused between the two answers. I also have the fetchit mod installed, that code is in my downloads index.php file. i think it is the same as here so it shouldn't be a problem. Thanks...
Rename your index.php to index-old.php and replace it with a patched version of the index.php that comes with the 7.4Patched distro.

blith

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:49 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
blith wrote:
Rename your index.php to index-old.php and replace it with a patched version of the index.php that comes with the 7.4Patched distro.

I just did that and no dice... but what I did do is vote on one that was not scrunched.. after I voted on it it became scrunched with the following entry. it has something to do with the votes!!! I can do it to every entry I add a vote to!!

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:52 am Reply with quote

It's not the votes because it happens on the pagination routine without voting.

blith

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:53 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
It's not the votes because it happens on the pagination routine without voting.

I just did a search on your downloads here for php-nuke and it scrunched them together after one that had a vote...

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:54 am Reply with quote

I misunderstood. I thought you were saying that you had to vote to see it happen.

blith

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:55 am Reply with quote

go to your main download and enter php-nuke in the search. Go to the bottom to the link :

Try to search "php-nuke" in others Search Engines

It linked it to the previous entry with something that would probably ban in the URL

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:58 am Reply with quote

I'm really confused. I went to Downloads and entered php-nuke in the search box. Where are you seeing the crunched url?

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:00 pm Reply with quote

Well, that's not what you were describing in your original. That's what was confusing me. It takes on differently in different situations. I will try to look into this later today.

blith

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:01 pm Reply with quote

Your downloads here right. Enter php-nuke and you will get 5 entries. Two of them have been tacked onto the end of two others and they will be missing the admin edit icon. Now if you go to the bottom of the page and hover over:
Try to search "php-nuke" in others Search Engines
you will see a very long url in the bottom bar that would surely set off Sentinel...

blith

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:06 pm Reply with quote

Yes it is exactly the problem in the original... entries are being scrunched together and it wasn't understood why. Now it appears it is the votes causing it. The fact that it happens here as well as my site means it is a native search bug which is what I have been saying all along. Not a Sentinel bug per se but who wants unnecessary bans? For me it was leaving the admin icon between the two entries for you it is removing them.. still the link at the bottom whether it be the previous link or whatnot it would still cause bans. I thought I had been explaining myself very clearly. I am excited at the prospect of figuring this out but saddened at the fact I may have annoyed you... sorry Raven Sad

chatserv
Member Emeritus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:14 pm Reply with quote

I checked into this and loaded non-patched files from the Downloads module of 3 or 4 versions of Nuke and the same thing happened on all so while this one might have been overlooked in the patches it was not caused by them, i'll wait for Raven to check the files and maybe check myself if he can't find anything, at a quick glance i could not tell what is causing it.

blith

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:17 pm Reply with quote

I want to try and be clear with this next point. I have discovered something else. Go to the main downloads page here. Enter php-nuke you will see entries scrunched together, correct? Now normally if there is and admin edit icon and you are not an admin it will remain a cursor. If you are an admin it will turn into a finger. After I search your downloads for php-nuke, on the normal entries my cursor remains a cursor. On the ones that have been scrunched together there is no admin edit icon but in the space where it normally would be my cursor turns into a finger and gives a URL in the IE bar at the bottom. For example between Details and NukeSQL 7.2 Web Installer is space that turns into a finger and gives a URL in the IE bar... this URL would cause a ban under normal Sentinel config.

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:27 pm Reply with quote

Yeh I think we'll see this bug goes way back I just did a compare on a 6.0 file with the 7.2 on blith posted and other then many corrects of errors in the 6.0 file there is nothing in the paging that has changed at all. In the past before Sentinel there was not any reason for the error to be of much concern it was just a bad link.

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:08 pm Reply with quote

I am not annoyed at all, other than the fact that we have invested enough time and effort into nuke to have been able to rewrite and/or redesign the whole thing Evil or Very Mad Anyway, I'll be looking into this asap.

Last edited by Raven on Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total 
blith

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:02 pm Reply with quote

Any progress on this? I know you guys have nothing else to do so I 'spect it is all fixed now RIGHT? *j/k* Seriously, Is this something that can be fixed?

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:19 pm Reply with quote

Edit modules/Downloads/index.php. Locate the "function search". Then find
Code:
       while(list($lid, $cid, $title, $url, $description, $time, $hits, $downloadratingsummary, $totalvotes, $totalcomments, $filesize, $version, $homepage) = sql_fetch_row($result, $dbi)) {

$lid = intval($lid);
                $cid = intval($cid);
                $hits = intval($hits);
                $totalvotes = intval($totalvotes);
                $totalcomments = intval($totalcomments);
      $downloadratingsummary = number_format($downloadratingsummary, $mainvotedecimal);
Add this line "$totalcomments=0;" just before "$totalcomments = intval($totalcomments);" so that the code now looks like
Code:
       while(list($lid, $cid, $title, $url, $description, $time, $hits, $downloadratingsummary, $totalvotes, $totalcomments, $filesize, $version, $homepage) = sql_fetch_row($result, $dbi)) {

$lid = intval($lid);
                $cid = intval($cid);
                $hits = intval($hits);
                $totalvotes = intval($totalvotes);
                $totalcomments=0;
                $totalcomments = intval($totalcomments);
      $downloadratingsummary = number_format($downloadratingsummary, $mainvotedecimal);

This is from v6.9 (patched I believe) but the other versions should be very similar. Chat, please verify this and if you agree you might want to add it or something similar to your next patch series.

blith

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:49 pm Reply with quote

Wow!! It works! Thank you Raven! How did you figure it out. I have been chasing this problem for so long I can't believe it is over. What led you to that?

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:54 pm Reply with quote

About an hour of solid debugging. I isolated what part of the script generated that area and then set breakpoints, so to speak, and stepped the code until I determined that the intval() is NOT producing the desired results. So, rather than work at a solution from that angle, I used the kiss principle, and voila!

blith

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:22 am Reply with quote

Great!! I am so happy I am doing the Snoopy dance! Now I can see if all my script abuse emails stop coming in. Thank you again mon frere.

chatserv

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:29 am Reply with quote

Thanks Raven, on checking the fix i think we really need to check into this one, why setting $totalcomments to 0 while it should have a value pulled from the sql query above that line solves the issue is beyond me but i imagine that since doing this causes no problems it can stay like that unless we find what is happening. Either way kudos to the birdman for finding a workaround for this mind boggling bug.

Now since you people might apply this fix you could apply some more that are required:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

The patches have been updated today.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Bug Fixes

View next topic
View previous topic