Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke
rich303

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:49 pm Reply with quote

i got sentinal instaled. but, an hour after the install my site restored everything to it's default. i tryed logging in as admin but i cant make any changes to anything. i went to check mysql and i get this error:

MySQL said:
User '??????' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 50000)

my isp says that they need to flush mysql and it will take up to 12 hours to get it done.

is this a known problem or did i set something up incorectly?

please help

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:01 pm Reply with quote

This is a limitation set by your host. It is not Sentinel related. It should not take them any time at all. They are handing you a line of BS, imo. You are no doubt on a shared server and they have a set number of queries/hour/day/whatever and you have exceeded it.

rich303

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:08 pm Reply with quote

ok i will try and contact them again. and push the matter. could this also be hacker related? someone hacked my admin last night before i finished installing sentinal

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:19 pm Reply with quote

If someone wanted to hammer your site you might have been dDos'd and that would drive your queries to the max. But, it's hard to say w/o examining your logs.

rich303

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:43 pm Reply with quote

where can i get these logs from. im interested to find out who this was and what they did.

so now that i have sentinal installed am i rotected from this type of attack again

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:46 pm Reply with quote

Your server logs. Contact your host. Since I don't know what the attack was, I can't say. But, NukeSentinel will protect you from the admin exploit once you activate the admin protection in the configuration panel.

rich303

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:14 pm Reply with quote

i tried to go thru the logs and its all greek to me. like finding a needle in a haystack... any tips as to what to look for?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic