Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
giantmidget
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:54 pm Reply with quote

I have been setting up an old site that I had up several years ago. It ran on Ravennuke 2.51 I believe. I have PHP set to 5.2

I have it functioning almost fully but when I go to the Admin section of Ravennuke I cannot change any of the settings from inside the Nukesentinel section. They give a 403 error when I try to save the changes. I have to manually change the database. Thoughts?

Problem 2 is the Preferences section in the Admin area is blank. The nuke_config part of the database displays information all in a single row I cannot edit. The info appears to display on the actual page, but I cannot change it either through Preferences or through the database directly.

neralex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:47 pm Reply with quote

Check on the table: nuke_config the field: Version_Num to make sure, which RN version you are using.

Probably the htacces paths are not correct anymore. Check table: nuke_nsnst_config and set: http_auth: 0 maybe you are able now to save the sentinel-configs.

Sounds like the update-query of the Preferences section fails on some db-fields. Check the mysql-logfiles or enable the mysql-logging option in rnconfig.php: $loglevel = 1; and "set up a dblog file in your /rnlogs directory with write privileges to use this".

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:29 pm Reply with quote

I had already updated the paths to the 3 access files to the three in the nuke folder. All are CH_Mod 666

I cannot change admin setting with http_auth set to either 0 or 1 both give a 403 error from the Admin panel.

I did not find that log file entry in RNconfig for the Preferences entry. I tried setting the first entry as a primary key - no change. Some database fields do have capital letters but I'm not sure if that matters.

Any easy way to completely disable anyone registering as a new member? I'm already picking up new spam users. It is RN2.51 running on php 5.2 I have 10k old members and really just want them to be able to revisit.

neralex

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:48 am Reply with quote

I meant with "table" the database-tables nuke_config and nuke_nsnst_config, check the field-values in the database and not with the CMS. Please do not change the field names, the capital letters are important.

I mean the php-file with the name rnconfig.php, which is located in the root directory of the folder, where you uploaded the files. I guess the mysql-query fails while sending the form. I can be caused between the using of your outdated PHP 5.2 version and your mysql-version..

PHP 5.2 has reached the end-of-life status many moons ago. I would not use this version anymore. PHP 5.6.40 is the latest stable in the v5-branch. I suggest you to remove this old installation from a live-server and set up an local test-sever with WAMP or XAMPP on your local computer. There you can install your bricked RN build and you can enable the full error-reporting to check it completely.

Last edited by neralex on Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:26 am; edited 3 times in total 
giantmidget

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:21 am Reply with quote

What I meant was after changing http_auth in the database table itself to either 0 or 1, I still was not able to save admin settings via the panel after each change.

My rnconfig.php file does not have that particular log command line. I had reviewed that file. It does have a selection for a different log file to log all errors.

neralex

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:38 am Reply with quote

Are you really sure, that you are using RN251 and why is it needed to run your installation with PHP 5.2? Sounds like you have an older build. In the top of the file you should find the definition of 'RAVENNUKE_VERSION'. What is it?

Check this code-view and compare it - this is the (untouched) rnconfig.php from the original RN 251-package: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

The original package-structure of RN251: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Please note: The RN251-package makes some trouble with current builds of mysql and maria-db. So please check also your installed mysql/maria-db version.

giantmidget

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:43 pm Reply with quote

No, my RNConfig is much simpler and does not define the version. I got 2.51.00 from the nuke_config table entry

neralex

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:08 am Reply with quote

Sorry, but it seems you have a modified RN-version. So I can't provide any support for it. I would remove it from a live-webserver. All trustworthy hosting-companies wouldn't provide PHP-versions below 5.6.40 these days. They wouldn't also provide old mysql-versions to their customers. It would be an security-risk.

Install WAMP/XAMPP on a local computer, add your old package (files, database) in this local environment, enable the full error-reporting and check where you issues are based. On this way you could dublicate the old package and try an upgrade to the current php7-ready build RN252 from the github master-branch.

But don't try it on a live-webserver, before you have it tested locally. The core-package of RN251 is from 2013. In the last 6 years a lot of things have changed on PHP/MySQL. This was the reason why I patched RN for PHP7.

github master-branch: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

giantmidget

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:24 am Reply with quote

I can tinker with the live site - no one is visiting it except me and spam bots.

I can change PHP in CPanel from anything from 5.2 to 7.3 myself. My site will function on 5.2 and 5.3 but nothing higher.

How can I determine which version I have? It was developed in 2003 and evolved as Ravennuke did. Changes were incremental with each version. I seem to recall they had to be done in order too.

QUESTION:

How easy would it be to do a fresh RN 2.52 install then import user and BB post tables? I really only need my registered users, the forum posts, and one or two simple modules/blocks to transfer (like Sommaire)

ADDED ISSUE:
My host flags nukeSpam functions.php file as a php shell virus and quarantines it.

neralex

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:08 pm Reply with quote

You can determine it only on the things, which I pointed. I don't know what you had done before but normally you have to upgrade the files and the database with each "RN Upgrade". Maybe your installation was upgraded from prior RN-versions to RN251, without overwriting all needed files. This would explain the field-value of the nuke_config table.

QUESTION: The upgrade will change also database fields, not only files. So it could be you will brick the database with the import. Please test it locally at first and follow the instructions of RNwiki. If you get it working locally, then you can try it on the live-server. This the best approach. There are some big differences between the PHP versions. So you should test it with the PHP7-versions, which you can get on your live-server. I would test it PHP7.3.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Hint: Sommaire will not more work on PHP7 without changing the crap of code inside. The codebase is to old with a lot of outdated functions.

ADDED ISSUE: false flag! This site here is running fine with RN252 on PHP 7.3.11.

Good luck!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic