Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
FireATST
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:05 pm Reply with quote

I have had one of those days today. Website login from cellphone earlier could not get password correct. Thought I was typing correct one in. So I went through the lost password function and it sent me another password. Now I go into Your Account to change password back to what I had and it gives me a blank white page after hitting enter and does not change the password. I even tried going into the admin area and Edit Users to change password and after entering password twice to change it, it does the same thing, blank white page and sits there. Sad

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
neralex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:00 pm Reply with quote

Please check, if you activated the nukeSPAM module before. After the activation (Administrators Only) click on the nukeSPAM icon in the module administration section and the needed database will be installed. Take your settings there and add the keys for the spam-databases.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:41 am Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay, spent the last 22 hours battling a router issue. It was blocking me from my website, only my website lol. Yes NukeSpam was activated. There is 2 database tables in my database, 1: nuke_spam_log and 2: nuke_spam_whitelist. Is that the correct tables? These were already there, still have the white page after trying to change the password. I checked the error logs and this is the only thing since I originally started trying to change the password that is in it. Do not know if it is related or not.

PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /xxxxx/xxxxx/public_html/modules/Forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 276

neralex

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 3:45 pm Reply with quote

Yes the both tables are fine. So we can close out nukeSPAM. It works on RPS and ravennuke.com. Both installation are using the same updated version (2.52). If you don't get any php-errors in the log-file, maybe a sql-query is causing this issue. I have to test it in the next days with a fresh installation.

neralex

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 1:55 am Reply with quote

I tested with a fresh installation on PHP7.3.5 - it works as expected. Maybe this issue is caused by a block-file or another custom-addon, which is shown while sending the form in your described cases.

FireATST

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 11:54 am Reply with quote

That's ok Neralex, thanks for looking. I think I am going to wipe the site and re-do any how.

hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 8:02 pm Reply with quote

Line 256? Is it this one? I don't get that error and I am running php 7.1

Code:
/************************************************************************/

/* ================ START Advanced BBCode Box MOD ===================== */
/*************************version RN2.5.2********************************/

$text = preg_replace_callback(
      "#\[tag:$uid\](.*?)\[/tag:$uid\]#is",
      function ($m) use ($uid, $bbcode_tpl) {
         $bbcode_tpl['search'] = str_replace('{STRING}', $m[1], $bbcode_tpl['search']);
         $bbcode_tpl['search'] = str_replace('{KEYWORD}', urlencode(trim($m[1])), $bbcode_tpl['search']);
         return $bbcode_tpl['search'];
      },
      $text
   );

FireATST

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 6:00 am Reply with quote

My php version on this site is 7.033. I have wiped it and haven't re-installed yet.

neralex

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 12:45 pm Reply with quote

The bbcode.php with the pointed PHP Parse error is not in use while creating a new password. It's an part of the Forums-module. This PHP Parse error: "syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION..." appears for example, when a brace was not closed correctly or maybe when a simple typo exists in a codeline of the php-file. Each modern Code-Editor would show this error directly, when the file was opened. But this file is clean and untouched since I added the BBcodeBox a year ago (Github shows the date: 25.03.2018). So this PHP Parse error can only be an result of a own modification after that or caused by an old block-file, add-on or module, which contains outdated and/or deprecated code.

I suggest everyone to use an local environment like WAMP or XAMPP for intense testing before upload it to a running server because the development of PHP7 is very fast. So you are able to install an backup of your current RavenNuke installation besides another fresh installations of the PHP7-package. On a local environment you can activate the full error-reporting to show all errors and warnings of PHP and MySQL. Then you can test step by step old blocks, modules and addons with a old codebase. In the most cases it is a simple re-edit of some codelines to fix it but without to know, which error occours or which addons were installed after the main-installation/upgrade, is it hard to identify issues like that.

FireATST

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:21 pm Reply with quote

Np thanks Neralex. This was a new install of the download I got here that is named 2.52 (PHP 7 ready). I have been battling some health issues and haven't been able to re-install as of yet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic