Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke / Raven CMS CMS Wiki
rovshan
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:23 am Reply with quote

I have returning registered users which don't remember their Login. They try to LogIn with email address by putting email address in Login case. Minimum what I would like to let them to login with email + password.

Anybody implemented already this option? or interested in ?! I am going to tweak Your_Account Module ... any suggestion appreciated. Thanks.

neralex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:38 pm Reply with quote

If you are using the "Lost Password" section with your email-adress, then you will get also your "username" besides the "Confirmation Code".

Wink

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:08 am Reply with quote

Thank you for suggestion neralex. Smile

rovshan

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 11:51 am Reply with quote

I created beta version for Sign Up / Register new account only with email address. In this version Unique Nickname / Username / Login is created by script and assigned automatically. If someone is interested in please let me know.

I would like to implement more secure and pragmatic logical approach for password recovery.
It is clear that to send new recovered password by email is not "good" idea. If so we have to force user to change it again after login.
If someone ready to share ideas to modify existing recovery process please give your feedback.

Here is the article about it, which I found very interesting for reconsideration : https://postmarkapp.com/guides/password-reset-email-best-practices

Another benefit, this modification should help to create Social Login feature without forcing users to create password during registration. But recover password more securely and easily if user already registered via Social Login wants to login with email address and password.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke / Raven CMS CMS Wiki

View next topic
View previous topic