Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Captcha Security
jimbobt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:04 pm Reply with quote

First of all... got to say that I love this site. Tons of very helpful information.

I would LOVE to convert my site from PHP-NUKE 8.0 over to the latest version of RN but I have so much content and have done so many custom modifications to my modules throughout the past year (prior to learning about RN) that I am afraid the migration would be a lengthy and tedious process.

One thing I would love to figure out though, is how to incorporate the cool looking captcha that is included in the latest RN release an on the RN site into my existing 8.0 (patched to 3.5, using ULSOFT's Approve Membership Module, latest NukeSentinel, NUKEWYSIWYG upgrade, ContentPlus Module, latest GCalendar). I've searched through these forums multiple ways for captcha, upgrading captcha, modifying captcha, etc. and can't seem to find enough of the puzzle pieces to really figure out how to strip the RN captcha functionality and bake it into my existing 8.0 site.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:18 pm Reply with quote

Sounds like it might not be much of an upgrade...except for membership (most of which, I believe, is supported by RNYA). What other "customizations" do you have?

jimbobt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:14 am Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
Sounds like it might not be much of an upgrade...except for membership (most of which, I believe, is supported by RNYA). What other "customizations" do you have?

Heavy, Heavy theme modification of the old NUKE Odyssey theme as well the GUI of the phpbb.

You can view the site here: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I just really like the captcha that RN is using. Like I said earlier, if the migration would be simple, I'd go for it. Not a simple migration for my site though.

Any pointers on which direction to look for pulling the RN captcha into my existing 8.0 site?

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:47 am Reply with quote

Themes are fairly easier to bring across to RN, just move the directory across, the only problem that you might encounter is if it is using the old database layer, but that is fairly easy to fix.

We usually recommend installing XAMPP on your computer and running the initial upgrade on a local computer and test test test.

jimbobt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:28 am Reply with quote

jakec wrote:
Themes are fairly easier to bring across to RN, just move the directory across, the only problem that you might encounter is if it is using the old database layer, but that is fairly easy to fix.

We usually recommend installing XAMPP on your computer and running the initial upgrade on a local computer and test test test.

I do have XAMPP... downloaded a copy of RN last night and will probably start to play with it this weekend.

I saw some information on a downgrader from Nuke 7.9 to 7.6 for the transition over to RN... will that same downgrader work on Nuke 8.0?

Ultimately, I would just like to find a comprehensive how-to on incorporating the captcha than RN is using into my existing site. But if left with no other option, I will likely just try to smooth out the conversion process on my local PC then migrate over to RN for the added peace of mind.

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:20 am Reply with quote

You could scan the source code of RN to see where and how the captcha is used, then make the changes / additions to the corresponding files in your site. To start, look at the login block code in RN. Also, I thought there was a post or something that showed how to add the RN captcha to NSN Group Downloads or something like that. You might check montegoscripts.com if you can't find it here.

gravutrad
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:18 am Reply with quote

It's here:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

to check too in the login block code, no else place?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Captcha Security

View next topic
View previous topic