Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
Plasma
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:41 pm Reply with quote

First off, I apologize for not know the technical names of this..

Is there anyway to create an SQL file that will remove lines a particular structure.. for example:

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `nuke_users` (
`user_id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
`name` varchar(60) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
`username` varchar(25) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
`user_email` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
`femail` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
`user_website` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',

say I wanted to remove the line about `user_website` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '' and the same for each user.. I know from when I have installed modules in the past, that there was included a uninstall SQL feature just for that module. But would there be a way to target just one function?

neralex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:55 pm Reply with quote

PHPmyAdmin... but your example is a good one to show why you shouldn't do that, because both fieds are used also by other modules and if you would delete these fields, you will get a lot of sql-errors in each module where these fields are requested from the database.

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:42 am Reply with quote

You can disable all unwanted fields in the RNYA (Your Account / Users) configuration. Although the fields will still physically be in the database, they won't appear on registration or user profile screens.

Plasma

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:27 pm Reply with quote

What I'm trying to do is convert my old forums and users to RN. My old setup not longer works due to a PHP update. This is what I was told:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting Lunarpages Internet Solutions & Web Hosting support with this issue.

This is probably due to your website requiring the register_globals = On directive being enabled on the server it's running on.

This directive is no longer supported in the newer version of PHP your server has been updated to and using it causes IE 500 errors.

If your websites require the register globals directive being available and enabled and you'd like to update them to work without it, there are two possible avenues you can take to achieve that.

1. Upgrade your scripts which need this directive being enabled so they do not. You may need to get your script developer involved to redo the layout and custom functionality of your website.

We can help you do this for osCommerce - any version, ZenCart - any version and Joomla 1.5+ and probably others.

Alternatively :

2. Patch your websites' scripts' code by changing the following in all PHP files:

$HTTP_USER_AGENT with $_SERVER["HTTP_USER_AGENT"];
$HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE with $_SERVER["HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE"];
$HTTP_HOST with $_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"];
$SERVER_NAME with $_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"];
$PHP_SELF with $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];
$HTTP_GET_VARS with $_GET;
$HTTP_POST_VARS with $_POST;

Also swap the eregi(); function with preg_replace();.

I tried #2 but had not luck. I just figured I couldn't get the site to work any longer. So that left me with a few options, one being doing a fresh install using PHP that's currently working.. ie. RN.. and try and get my users and forums transferred over. I tried this for the nuke_users sql but whenever I uploaded the user file, the site went black. I figured it was because of all the different functions that were apart of the user.sql file caused some sort of mis-match. The 2nd options was to do a fresh install and not convert anything. I hated this option because I have 15 years of forum posts, users, etc. that I really don't want to lose.

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:42 pm Reply with quote

There are upgrade scripts and a compare tables tool with RN that help you migrate old sites to RN. I've done this many times and had few problems, especially when using the compare tables tool after the scripts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic