Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RWH General
Plasma
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:43 am Reply with quote

I've been a long time phpnuke user and I've noticed that none of the main nuke versions I have used over the years are really being updated. Are people still using nuke to make websites, have they moved to something different or are not as many people making sites these days?

anyone have any clues?

Last edited by Plasma on Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:59 pm; edited 2 times in total 
kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:24 pm Reply with quote

I'd guess the answers to your questions are, "Yes." Smile There are many choices these days.

We are developing a new release of RavenCMS (formerly RavenNuke), but seem to be stuck on the new theme system.

Plasma

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:34 pm Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
I'd guess the answers to your questions are, "Yes." Smile There are many choices these days.

We are developing a new release of RavenCMS (formerly RavenNuke), but seem to be stuck on the new theme system.

what are the choices? the php nuke releases were so easy to install and add themes. I"m really bummed that this has died.

neralex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:16 am Reply with quote

Nothing has died!

The latest RavenNuke does the job pretty well. for sure where are not more many developers which creating new modules, blocks and themes but the easy way to create own stuff make it possible to rebuild an "old fashioned" nuke distro to a moderner design. With a little bit of interest in coding you can create your own stuff.

As kguske has pointed, there is a new version in the development. I think its on a good way to start from scratch to create a new CMS because it should be solid for some years. Here you can see some previews:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Wordpress is a good example for simple system which is grown up fast in the last years. The core-system is a simple blog-system but through the massive functionality you can rebuild it to a small CMS without limits. It has a pretty cool documentantion which make it very easy for developers to create own themes, plugins, widgets based or not based on custom post types. And I wisch personally that RavenCMS will have a simular documentation.

I spent a lot of hours in wordpress along the last year but everytime I'm back in the code of RN, I'm simply feeling to be at home. For sure it needs a rebuild of the whole HTML framework but exactly this is on the pipeline.

Smile

Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:45 am Reply with quote

neralex wrote:
Nothing has died!
I spent a lot of hours in wordpress along the last year but every time I'm back in the code of RN, I'm simply feeling to be at home. For sure it needs a rebuild of the whole HTML framework but exactly this is on the pipeline.
Smile

That is exactly how I feel.
I am currently working on a new personal project and needed a website for it: I realize I am dreadful at managing WP core. Much better off with RN 2.x now.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RWH General

View next topic
View previous topic