Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security Issues
obteo

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:59 am Reply with quote

Hello guys,

is there a known issue about nukesentinel already? Seems mine stopped working, i cannot understand why... And btw where is available the iptocountry database updated?

thank you.

neralex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:28 pm Reply with quote

It works fine on my RN installations.

More details please!

- Which Sentinel version?
- Which Nuke distro?
- Which PHP version?
- Any PHP errors in the logfile?

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:19 am Reply with quote

ye u right, i try to elaborate a bit more.

I'm from Nuke Evo Xtreme, my nukesentinel worked fine but now seems it stopped banning clike or union string... cannot understand why is there something i got to know more please? just something already went to your attention in the past which can help me fixing this issue, i'm not so newbe with this cms. Thank you in advance.

- Which Sentinel version? - NukeSentinel(tm) 2.6.01
- Which Nuke distro? - Evo Xtreme 2.0.9d
- Which PHP version? - PHP Version 5.4.40
- Any PHP errors in the logfile? - no errors
MySQL Version 5.5.43
VPS - Centos 6.6

if i can, this is my website: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

neralex

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 6:38 am Reply with quote

Hey I tried to test the sentinel on your website and it seems it works very well. Check your Private Messages.

obteo

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:05 am Reply with quote

i did thanks, i already noticed it much appreciated. Anw is weird, my webserver keep crashing for some kind of attack to this website, it causes an high usage of resources till keep down mysql and httpd service... and no ban by nukesentinel Sad

i already upgraded the VPS, now is 2 GB ram with core duo on a Xen virtualization, IP is DDoS protected maybe is something with mysql injection but now i cannot understand i'm stuck.

It is stupid for someone to attack my site because it's all free and all files are shared with everyone so i think are bots doing that but i cannot stop it..

Thanks for your help.

neralex

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:59 am Reply with quote

Ok, that is hard i can understand you. But if the "bots" are using only simple http-requests to slow down your maschine, then the sentinel can't really help to block CLIKE or UNION. If particularly CLIKE or UNION attacks are reported on your website then make sure that you have activated in the blocker-settings:

Activate: Email, Block & Default Page
Write to htaccess: YES

Please note if it will only work if you are not logged in as admin. To test it just logout completely otherwise you will see only the default-page. While testing it on your site i was able to use the website after the the default-page was shown. So check your Blocker-Settings and try it self.

You could try the flood-blocker on the same. In this case play with the value "Flood Delay:" on sentinel admin home area (ABmain). Make sure that the reported IPs are stored in htaccess file. But i got issues with this flood-blocker while i'm surfing fast on my the website.

If you have access to the apache2 error-log on your maschine you should see there the IPs from the requests. Then you could block the IPs or their ranges manually with the Sentinel or write it directly in the htaccess. But make sure to have not to much entries in the htaccess file it could slow down your maschine, too.

obteo

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:12 am Reply with quote

Hello,

thank you for your tips, actually i got whole china and russia blocked in the .htaccess file, I added also the domain under the cloudflare DNS it's now blocking me lot of threat as well maybe it helps.

let's see if nukesentinel will ban something too.

PS/ i wrote this thread time ago about the ip2country update: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

is it still valid or need I to update my database table with one more recent?

Thank you so much.

neralex

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:14 am Reply with quote

For the IP2Country update a member of the RN dev-team should check this thread. Maybe someone of the team can say more about it and can move this thread in the NukeSentinel forum.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:12 pm Reply with quote

I released an IP2Country update last year but no longer have it after moving my domain.
I am actually in the process of refactoring NukeSentinel(tm) for our RavenCMS distribution so when I get around to doing the IP2Country update, I will send you a copy.
Although still copyrighted by NukeScriptsNetwork and those who worked on it (Raven, Chatserv, Bob Marion to name a few) I do not think NukeSentinel(tm) is now actively maintained.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security Issues

View next topic
View previous topic