Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke / Raven CMS CMS Wiki
helidoc
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:49 am Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
Yes we are. I beleive we are using Bootstrap 3.2.x

I was really hoping you guys were going that direction. Very Happy The portability Bootstrap offers alone between devices will take care of many of what's on one of my sites users top list of things they would like to see changed. One of my RN sites gets 500K hits a year and my user base would like to see it ported better for phone / tablet use and I've been holding them off til RN3 came about to see if it needed a CMS change. 400+ user base plus visitors so it gets heavy traffic. It's been on RN since 06 Cheers I can't wait to see what you guys have done!

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:23 am Reply with quote

Our initial aim (at least for RavenCMS 1.0) was to be "mobile ready" rather than be 100% mobile compatible. I know the work that Spasticdonkey has done has really gone above and beyond that basic requirement, especially as we started out with Bootstrap 2.x and he's pretty much single-handedly had to rework a massive about of code due to changes in Bootstrap 3.x (which has had the knock-on affect of added more delay to our schedule).

There will, without doubt be area's where the initial release of RavenNuke won't be 100% mobile friendly as I think we do need to get a release out sooner rather than later.

rave199
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:50 pm Reply with quote

i was just wondering on the progress of ravennuke 3 thanks

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:56 pm Reply with quote

I can't really give a full synopsis as this dev cycle has stretched on for too long; but recently.... A major overhaul of News and 17 new Bootstrap powered themes are "mostly" done. Currently we're working on freshening up the installer and adding a config class which does a bunch of cool things that Guardian would be better equipped to give details on...

Still several hurdles we have to get past though, so we're not exactly close to release..... yet.

I'm in the midst of working on the installer so I can't take any up-to-the-minute screenshots, and things are a lil' more polished at current; but here's a few from several weeks back (i'll try to grab some more recent ones soon)

Note the img on the right is a simulated tablet view, and the discerning eye might spot a new feature or two in the pics. Smile

♕enlarge

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:15 pm Reply with quote

Sweet

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:19 pm Reply with quote

We are currently using pretty much the latest version of Bootstrap, as of the time this is written and this will probably be the version that ships with RavenCMS as we cannot realistically keep updating the theme code in an endless cycle or we'll never get this beast finished.
SpasticDonkey has done a fantastic job of updating the themes and even taken the time to configure different theme settings for each theme so you can get a feel for different layouts without having to play with the 31 different settings available.
Yes, you read that right!
The new themes have around 31 different options and not a single line of code required to make these layout changes, thanks to the new theme configuration area.

I am currently implementing a unique version of my Configuration Class to help handle various configuration options and whilst it might be considered overkill, I'm hoping that it will help to provide a system wide, unified method for configuration handling, as well as to help speeding up development for third party developers.

rave199

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:32 pm Reply with quote

it looks really good. what version of php will this be working on 5.4 or 5.5 or 5.6 or possibly 7.0 when it comes out? and what kind of security features do you plan on having for this cms?

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:24 am Reply with quote

I believe the minimum PHP version is 5.4 since PHP 5.3 is now EOL.
I'm not sure there is room here to review all the different security features but we are sticking with tried and tested methods;
HTML Purifier - for data validation and sanitization and SQL injection detection plus any add-hock filtering we feel is needed
CSRF Magic - for cross-site request forgry prevention. Our own modified version has proven extremely robust so we'll continue to use and modify it as needed.
A new modified version of a user registration Class will handle user registration and constantly monitor user sessions in addition to other 'monitoring'.
CAPTCHA - we are using our previous CAPTCHA system because it has proven so robust

I would love to move toward using prepared statements for all the database stuff for the added security but at the moment that clashes with our remit of keeping RavenCMS (tm) easily adaptable and modifyable by relative 'novice' PHP developers.
Nuke Sentinel, although mostly redundant now will still be incorporated but there are other things we are looking at.

hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:03 am Reply with quote

I think it has been long time since we didn't hear any news about new version Ravennuke. I wonder if it is possible to test any beta available so we can find any issues and fix them as soon as possible. Let me know if that is possible.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:34 am Reply with quote

We have a small team of people already that perform some QA testing, along with the development team themselves since we have to test every line of code we write. Of course we do miss things, especially when there can be so many options available, so we do rely on the QA team a lot but QA testing is stil a fair way off, though we are trying to make a big push to finish this project.

neralex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:22 pm Reply with quote

Looks great! Congrats for the massive work at this point.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:59 am Reply with quote

I'm working currently for a customer on the latest wordpress and there exists a very cool function to pass a value of a PHP variable to JS. Maybe is there a way to implement something like this in the next release.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

The result is also very simple:

php Code:
wp_localize_script('custom', 'bg_path', of_get_option('headbg_image'));

wp_enqueue_script('custom');

html Code:
<script type='text/javascript'>

/* <![CDATA[ */
var bg_path = "http:\/\/domain.tld\/wp-content\/uploads\/2015\/02\/wg_dark_background3.jpg";
/* ]]> */
</script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='http://domain.tld/wp-content/themes/theme/js/jquery.custom.js?ver=1.0'></script>

[pre=javascript:7dba460d56]$('.myclass').myplugin({imageSrc: bg_path});

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:02 pm Reply with quote

Looks pretty neat and it's certainly something I'd like to look at in-depth (even though javascript isn't my strong suit) but there is no way I could get something like that in the initial version of RavenCMS(tm) as I've pretty much got a 'hold' now on our header Class which would be the only file that could possibly handle that sort of enhancement.

At the moment though, it is extremely simple to add javascript files as well as plug-ins, inline script dynamically as well as remove them or even "swop" them - at both the theme and module levels. Plus of course you can dynamically add any "data" you want before the closing 'head' element.

Appreciate you highlighting it as a possible future enhancement though - nice!

neralex

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:16 pm Reply with quote

Only in a header class... oO

I hope you make it possible to load the whole jQuery stuff also at the end of the body otherwise i must make a BIG notice to create custom modifaction to move it down. But that would very sad. It's outdated to load all jQuery stuff in the header only because you can get really a page speedup when it could be loaded at the end of body. All current ways of modern markups loads the jQuery stuff at the end of body and that should be also possible in RavenCMS. Otherwise it would be my first modifaction on the core-files and hope really that is not needed. Please try a look at wordpress. I dislike wordpress since many years but current version has many cool stuff in there and it's very easy to use. Maybe you are trying a look into it before you push a RC of RavenCMS.

Last edited by neralex on Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:54 pm Reply with quote

The jQuery stuff currently loads at the top of the page but this is purely because some animation / gallery affects cause the page to jiggle about when they are loaded at the bottom. For example show/hide animation might show everything as the page loads and then hide stuff when jQuery finally gets loaded at the bottom of the page and hides the appropriate elements.
However, this doesn't mean we might not move jQuery loading to the footer later on because it should be relatively simple and since all jQuery / javascript stuff would already be available before the opening HEAD element is rendered, it should only require a few lines of code moving.
I'll certainly have a look at doing some page rendering speed tests though to see if there is enough speed gain to warrant looking at it sooner rather than later.

neo722712
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:14 am Reply with quote

I was thinking of installing Raven 2.51 ... Should i wait for 3 ???

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:04 pm Reply with quote

We still have no release schedule for RavenCMS(tm) yet so go ahead with RavenNuke(tm) 2.5.1 if you need a website.
We'll be providing a database migration script for those that want to migrate from RN 2.5.1 to RavenCMS but please keep in mind if you install any third party modules etc, you'll need to convert them yourself. We'll try to help with conversions as much as we can but I have no doubt we'll be swamped with work so some people will unfortunately end up waiting a while till we get to them.

Also, I should mention, it might be better not to spend too much time customising themes because RavenCMS will not be compatible with other themes or the old RavenNuke(tm) themes.
We had wanted to offer some sort of backward compatibility for themes but it just requires too much code and too much work. RavenCMS(tm) will ship with about 16 brand new themes modelled on those found at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and 1 more "plain" theme designed specifically to be used as a base from which to make your own custom themes.

hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:42 am Reply with quote

I love Cerulean theme. I think I will choose for that one. Very nice and smooth theme.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

jlajax
Ardent RavenCMS Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:03 am Reply with quote

I look forward to the new release and again volunteer to be a a part of you QA Team.

Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:02 pm Reply with quote

as much as i looked forward to see raven 3, i get the feeling i wait for raven 4.

So... what is the status?
There must be now some live preview around no?
A github?
Something?

A box with more patience?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:05 pm Reply with quote

We are still working on it but free time is just so limited Sad
A big portion of the modules have been re-written to utilise phpInputValidator (with a plug-in for HTML Purifier) and of course our new user API which controls and authenticates registered users.
Themes have just had another upgrade and javascript and CSS loading has now been moved to the page footer area to help speed up page loading times. We have retained the ability to load some javascript/CSS in the header should users wish to do that.

We don't use Github or similar public repositories because this is not a public project yet. This is mainly because there has been no firm decision on copyright/licensing. I think everyone involved on the project want's everything to be open and public BUT there is also the need to provide some mechanism to protect third party developers.

Personally, I would love to have some sort of live preview and such a facility could also aid in current development/ bug-fixing new code but at the same time, it could also harm RavenCMS(tm) reputation by putting an un-finished product where it can be accessed by the general public. The nearest thing we have to previews right now is our Facebook page, which has screen shots of work completed. I do have some more screen shots to upload but Vietnam is having internet problems again (broken under sea cable) and I'm on Phu Quoc island right now and don't have the images with me.

nextgen
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 7:20 am Reply with quote

Will there be a mass release date announcement when a date is set for release ? Would be a great Christmas surprise.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:00 pm Reply with quote

Don't worry - as soon as a date is set I'll be out there like a political party roadshow and shouting it from the roof tops Smile
Apart from my recent holiday, when I only managed to get a few hours on the code, I have been putting in as many hours as I can each day.
It is still a lot of work though and my 9 month old keyboard is already showing signs of wear.

neo722712

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:53 pm Reply with quote

I have to ask ! SORRY !

anything ????

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:33 pm Reply with quote

Not yet sorry!
Spasticdonkey is currently working on a CSS forum template and it has taken me a little over 1 month to re-write and add some enhancements to NukeSentinel(tm).

Work is still progressing but I'm now really hopeful for a 2015 release.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke / Raven CMS CMS Wiki

View next topic
View previous topic