Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:51 am Reply with quote

I just switch to php 5.6.6 but I was not able to get conection with dabase. Anyone has the same issue.? Shocked

I have to bring it back to 5.5.22

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:46 am Reply with quote

I have it working fine on 5.6.3 and the only thing that seems to have changed in PHP other than bug fixes since then is removing support for multi-line headers. Look in your error logs and see if anything pops up.

Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:04 am Reply with quote

My development box is running 5.5.15 so I'm not currently able to test anything later PHP versions later than that.
My production website is still at 5.3 or close to that, though I had used a local copy running with PHP 5.4.x
Since RavenCMS(tm) will be replacing RavenNuke(tm) I'm not sure if we'll have time to test RavenNuke(tm) on later PHP versions unless there is a specific error message we can work with.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:43 pm Reply with quote

This is the error I am getting

Connect Error (2000) mysqlnd cannot connect to MySQL 4.1+ using the old insecure authentication. Please use an administration tool to reset your password with the command SET PASSWORD = PASSWORD('your_existing_password'). This will store a new, and more secure, hash value in mysql.user. If this user is used in other scripts executed by PHP 5.2 or earlier you might need to remove the old-passwords flag from your my.cnf file

Check with the System Administrator for the server status.

It looks like I have to regenarate a new password? Let me know Shocked

nuken

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:32 pm Reply with quote

Depending on what privileges you have with phpMyAdmin. If you can edit users, you could go into users/edit preferences/change password and just make sure the Password Hashing: MySQL 4.1+ is checked and change it. If you don't have access to the users, you might need to contact your host and have them change it for you. Either way, this is not an issue with running RN under php 5.6.6, it is with the hash method used to store the mysql user password.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:49 pm Reply with quote

I guess I don't have such a privileges. Any other solution? Confused

nuken

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:03 pm Reply with quote

Have your web host change it for you and tell them you need it to be hashed for MySQL 4.1+. If you change your password and it is still not hashed properly, they must have it set for MySQL 4.0 instead of 4.1+. You could try to create a new user with a new password, but if they don't have it set for 4.1+, you will have the same issue.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:32 pm Reply with quote

As nuken mentioned, if you have administration privelages in phpMyAdmin you might be able to use
sql Code:
SET @@session.old_passwords = 0;

SET PASSWORD FOR 'existinguser'@'localhost' = PASSWORD('existingpass');

You obviously need to substitute the correct values for "existinguser", "localhost" and "existingpass".

The password hash in MySQL(i) 4.1+ results in a much longer password, which is why you are getting the error.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:32 am Reply with quote

Yes Guardian. I did that yesterday and now my phpMyadmin is not working anymore. I get this error Error Sanitize2 and all my domain is down. Now I must wait until monday.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:43 am Reply with quote

Did you trying flushing the old privelages in phpmyadmin?
In the phpmyadmin sql query window type
FLUSH PRIVILEGES
Again, this probably needs root permission and I have no idea what would happen if you don't have them, so with things like this, it's always better to get your host to do it unless you know what your doing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:29 am Reply with quote

Everything is back as normal again. They don't know how to fix the hash issue with the new php 5.6. I will get in touch with them when I have more time. Thanks anyway guys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic