Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke
corpse
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:30 pm Reply with quote

okay, can you create a phpinfo file and check to see if you have "allow_url_fopen" enabled and also check to see if you have cURL support enabled. If you don't have either one of those turned on then that would be an issue with the host.. If you have access to your php.ini file then you can turn on the fopen. Just do a search for "allow_url_fopen and allow_url_include" and turn them from Off to On. But again, that is only if you have access to your php.ini. Otherwise you can contact your your host. The script it self does not use fopen, but instead uses file_get_contents, but you need allow_url_fopen in the php turned on for it to work. The curl need curl support turned on.

To create a phpinfo file is easy. Just create a phpinfo.txt file and open it and put this coding into it.
php Code:
<?PHP

phpinfo();
?>

Then upload the phpinfo.txt file to the root of your site and rename it to phpinfo.php then go to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and look for the stuff I mentioned above.
Once done, delete the phpinfo.php file or rename it to phpinfo.php.BAK will also sometimes work. to test if the wont display it, just rename the file like I said then go to YourSite.com/phpinfo.php.BAK and see if you see the phpinfo or if it denies you. If it stops you, then your okay to keep it there just in case you need it again. If not, its easy to make again if you need it in the future.

hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:07 pm Reply with quote

Hi corpse

Maybe it is time to update some codes in order to replace file_get_contents with curl which is nowadays in use.

In fact
curl would generally be a safer way and faster

corpse

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:31 pm Reply with quote

hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc wrote:
Hi corpse

Maybe it is time to update some codes in order to replace file_get_contents with curl which is nowadays in use.

In fact
curl would generally be a safer way and faster

The way it is set up, it uses file_get_contents if that function is there, if not, it uses a curl.

example:
php Code:
	if(function_exists('file_get_contents')){

$sfsresponse = file_get_contents($sfsapiquery);
} else {
$ch = curl_init($sfsapiquery);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
$sfsresponse = curl_exec($ch);
curl_close($ch);
}

That's how I have it set up.

corpse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:51 pm Reply with quote

Okay, released a fix where I went through and re-wrote the system to instead of grabbing 2 .txt files, put it as a single XML file. I also re-wrote the system to use a single XML file instead, thanks to Noto. I also rewrote the CUrl system and changed the way it checked if you had file_get_contents available. If you don't, it will use a CUrl instead. If a CUrl is not available also, it will just ignore and leave a message that it had trouble parsing the file.

hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:02 am Reply with quote

Today I find out registration is not sending email after updating the script. I had to desactivate it. Im not getting any error but I wonder what could be the problem.

corpse

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:24 pm Reply with quote

hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc wrote:
Today I find out registration is not sending email after updating the script. I had to desactivate it. Im not getting any error but I wonder what could be the problem.

Well, this script doesn't deal with anything on that part. Its been working on all the other sites so I don't know.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic