Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukePie/SimplePie
fistfight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:19 pm Reply with quote

There are several preconfigured rss sites listed in create blocks. When selecting any of them or adding a link of my own I'm getting this error.

Strict Standards: Non-static method SimplePie_Misc::fix_protocol() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /***/public_html/includes/SimplePie/simplepie.inc on line 809

Strict Standards: Non-static method SimplePie_Misc::normalize_url() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /***/public_html/includes/SimplePie/simplepie.inc on line 8582

Strict Standards: Non-static method SimplePie_Misc::percent_encoding_normalization() should not be called statically in /***/public_html/includes/SimplePie/simplepie.inc on line 8661

Strict Standards: Non-static method SimplePie_Misc::parse_url() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /***/public_html/includes/SimplePie/simplepie.inc on line

Actually there are several more lines than just that.

Is this feature supposed to work in RC 2.51?

I also dont see NukePie or simplepie.

Any help on adding RSS feeds to my site would be great.

Thanks

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:32 pm Reply with quote

As a bandaid until Simple Pie is updated for RN, look in rnconfig.php and find the line that looks like this:

Code:

$error_reporting = E_ALL^E_NOTICE; // This is the default and means: All errors except Notices

Change it to this:
Code:

$error_reporting = E_ALL^E_NOTICE^E_STRICT; // This is the default and means: All errors except Notices

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:38 pm Reply with quote

To add an external RSS or XML feed, log in as the site administrator.
Goto 'Blocks'.
About half way down the page you'll see the section title 'Create new Block'
Enter a title for your block
Type in the URL to the external feed, then scroll down the page to set your block position etc

bobbyg
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:06 am Reply with quote

On one of my computers I am running xp 64 but deleted ie explorer. So now I use either chrome or firefox. I am using jschroller2 to scroll several external rss files. However, I get the following message in the Chrome explorer for the external rss in my block. This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:58 am Reply with quote

@bobbyg, I wouldn't worry about that message at all Smile
The reason that message appears is because the XML data is being viewed through a browser and the browser is confused as it expects to have some sort of style information for the data (it does this with Firefox also I believe). Since XML is raw data, it doesn't/shouldn't need any style information because the data is "supposed" to be read using an XML parser (example RSS feed reader).
There are situations however when you might want to style XML data in a browser; that can be achieved by reading the data from the XML feed and then looping through it to add styling elements before rendering it, if the intention is to have the data human readable in a browser or you can use XLST to create an xml stylesheet which is then only activated when the XML document is viewed through a browser.
If you pull the following url through a feed reader, you'll see it is pure XML, if you view it in a browser you'll see it styled (take a look at the "view source" and compare it to "view generated source" in Firefoz to see the XLST information) [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:26 pm Reply with quote

I know it's been a while on the SimplePie upgrade...

The strict warning that appears applies to php 5.4+. I saw this on a Hostgator account after upgrading an old site, and the error log was huge. In Hostgator, and possibly other hosts, you can override the PHP version, and setting it to PHP 5.3 resolved this issue (another option vs. turning warnings as nuken described).

RN currently uses the 1.1 version. I am testing the 1.3.1 version of SimplePie which was designed for php 5. It was surprisingly...well, simple, to upgrade. But it does require a minor code change. Really minor. If all goes well, we can incorporate this a) in an upgrade of nukePIE for current RN sites that wish to run on PHP 5.4+ and b) in RavenCMS.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukePie/SimplePie

View next topic
View previous topic